𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ☆ 13

Peeves was right in front of the door so there was no chance they could sneak past him. And then Harry and Ron bumped their heads into each other, and he jumped on the noise like a cat pouncing at a mouse.

"Who's there?" He asked. "I know you're there, whether you're a ghoulie or ghostie or wee student beastie?"

Harry, holding his head, mouthed. "What do we do?" But no one knew. They had all been warned of this pesky poltergeist when they had first arrived, and the quartet did their best to think back to that, what could stop this particular troublemaker?

"I should call Filch," he continued. "If something's creeping about unseen."

What could stop him?

Rosalyn had a sudden idea, but she needed a male voice to pull it off, so she whispered the plan to her brother and did it.

"Peeves," Harry began in a hoarse voice, immitating the Bloody Baron, the only person that could control Peeves. "The Bloody Baron has his own reasons for being invisible."

Ron, Rosalyn and Hermione were looking at each other in incredulity, it was amazing!

"Oh, I'm sorry, your Bloodiness," was what Peeves responded with. "My mistake, my mistake, I didn't see you- of course I didn't, why would I? Forgive old Peevsie and his jokes, sir."

"I have business here tonight, Peeves, I would appreciate it if you stayed away from here."

"I will sir, I promise, I hope your business goes well."

Once he had gone, Rosalyn and the others congratulated Harry on his acting.

"Brilliant!"

"Amazing!"

"How do you know how to do that?"

Once they had finished relieving their first victory, Rosalyn and Hermione said together, "alohomora," to the door which opened immediately.

Once inside, Rosalyn noticed a harp which was playing smoothly, an enchantment had been place on it. Rosalyn was going to take the cloak off but she didn't need to, it was blown off by a fierce wind, which turned out to be-

"Wait a minute," Harry deduced. "It's... snoring."

All three heads of the dog were fast asleep, and Harry said, "Snape. Must be, he put a spell on the harp."

When they moved closer and got hit by more wind, Ron went. "Euh! It's got horrible breath!"

Harry was looking for the trapdoor, and it's paw was on it. "We have to move it's paw! It's covering the trap door!"

It was huge, but between the four of them, they got it to move.

"One, two, three and push!" Rosalyn took charge. They got the massive paw far enough to open the door but one of the heads stirred, Hermione and Rosalyn looked up in fright. The dog could not wake up.

Harry and Ron lifted the trapdoor up to reveal nothing, just darkness. However far it went down, Rosalyn didn't really want to know, but she wanted to save the stone all the same.

"I'll go first, don't follow me unless I give a sign, if something bad happens, get yourselves out..... does it seem a bit quiet?"

Hermione gasped. "The harp, it's stopped playing!"

They weren't aware of the three heads towering over them, until something dripped on Ron, and they realised it was dog saliva, and they looked up. The snarling dog was getting ready to pounce at them.

"JUMP!" Was all Rosalyn yelled behind her. She went first, followed by Harry, then Hermione, then Ron.

She felt herself surrounded by the cool air, suppressed by the darkness. Until she landed. It wasn't sore, it was actually soft, and Ron seemed to feel the same way when he landed.