Chapter 12

(Romanna's POV)

|

As I promised, here's the second chapter from my Easter update! Love you guys! I hope you enjoy! Xoxo

|

|

|

|

|

The Guardians seem dead set on taking me with them but I don't know if I should. Even after all of the crazy stuff that's happened they are still strangers.

You shouldn't go anywhere with strangers, mum taught me very well and I completely understand why. But are they really strangers? I've known them for almost my whole life. I grew up believing in the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus and I bet they've known me for my whole life too.

I wonder if I'm on the nice list or the naughty? Do they still watch over the teenagers who have stopped believing in them? I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't on the list at all. Maybe there is a sub category for epic failures. If so, that's where I'll be and I'd be at the top of that list for sure.

Why are the guardians suddenly so interested in me? I had stopped believing in them a very long time ago. I wish I could have believed in them for longer then I had, I was still too young to stop believing at only five years old.

That's why I'm doing everything in my power to keep Jessica believing in them for as long as possible! I want her to have the things that I never got.

Also, I have no idea how I'm able to see them since I know when I woke up this morning I still didn't believe in them. Though I am very glad that I believe in them again because I would be dead if they didn't save me when they did.

At the moment they've told me that some guy named Pitch Black is after me and they can't explain anything more until we go to the North Pole. So what do I do? Do I stay with my mum and sister and potentially put them in danger because of this Pitch guy or do I go with the Guardians?

They said I was the solution to all of their problems, that they need me to leave with them. Jack risked his life to save me, the least I can do is repay him by doing what they want, and go to the North Pole with them.

'If I go with you' I said slowly to Bunny and Jack. They immediately gave me their full attention. 'Will you promise to explain everythin about what's just happened, who Pitch Black is and why he would be comin afta me? Also will you promise to return me back home without my mum eva expecting I had been gone?' I asked while looking them both dead in the eye.

They looked at each other then looked back at me, then back at each other. Jack was whispering something to Bunny, though I couldn't hear what was being said.

'Ok!' Jack said confidently. 'We will do everything you ask and more. What you don't realise yet is how important you are to us guardians. I can't really say more about it here, but as soon as we are at the North Pole you will know every single detail about the events of today. We will also heal all of your injures.' Jack said reassuringly to me.

'Ok. I'll go with you. I'm guessin you wanna leave now, so what are you plannin to do with my mum?' I asked while watching her bring in the last of the shopping.

Whoops I was meant to help her bring in the heavy stuff. Well I can barley walk so it was probably better if I didn't.

'Damn it!' I heard my mum curse from the kitchen.

'Mum? What is it? What's wrong?' I questioned her.

'Oh, It's just the whole reason I drove two hours to the shops was to pick up Jessica's birthday present and didn't. I was so distracted with buying this month's food I completely forgot! What am I going to do? There isn't enough fuel in the Four Wheel Drive to make another trip.' Mum said while banging her head against the table.