Chapter 39

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

~~~The next morning~~~

It was taking unusually long for me to come to my senses. I managed to open my groggy eyes, but the sudden harsh light of the room forced them to shut again.

Like I had expected, the amount of potions I had consumed the night before, has earned me a pounding headache.

While inhaling deeply, I felt something heavy compressing my chest. I didn't need to open my eyes to know it was Romanna. Her head was tucked affectionately under my chin and one of her hands was intertwined with mine. My free hand was gently resting on her back, while her free hand was resting on my upper chest.

Almost instinctivly, I began softly rubbing her lower back, enjoying the warm feeling of her soft skin under my fingertips. My sudden movement and ice cold fingers caused Romanna to stir and roll her head to the other side.

Wait.....

Warm skin?

Doesn't Romanna normally wear a long sleeved flannelet shirt and pants to bed. Why can I feel her back, and her scar?

Immediately the memory from what had occurred last night after we left the party returned.

My eyes shot open and I quickly held my breath, to stop myself from gasping and possibly waking the sleeping and also naked girl up.

Holy snow days! Did we seriously do what I think we did last night?

Oh crap, she's going to absolutely kill me! What the hell happened to taking things slow?!!! Ahh, those stupid potions!

AGHH THOSE STUPID LEPRECHAUNS!!!

What do I do!? Do I wake her? Maybe I should just try and slip away while she's still asleep? Would it be less awkward if she woke up on her own? Or will that just make her really cross?

After a few minutes of arguing with myself, I finally decided to wait for her to wake on her own.

Now would be a great time to figure out what I am going to say when she starts asking questions.

........

Yep, I've got nothing. I am so dead.

'Mmnn, Jack?' Romanna grumbled, still half asleep.

'Umm.... Good morning sweetie. How is your head?' I asked softly, knowing she probably has a migraine too.

I gently stroked the side of her face, making her sleepy eyes open.

'Umm, yeah, it hurts a lot.' She replied in a sore grumbling tone while squinting her eyes at me. The room was really bright.

'What happened last night?' She asked while rubbing her eyes and aching forehead.

'Y-you don't remember?' I asked unsure if this was a good thing or a bad.

'Umm, I don't know.' She sighed, obviously still too tired to focus on anything around her. She looks like she's about to fall back asleep. Maybe I should just let her go back to sleep. An overtired Romie will definitely not take well to our current situation.

'We were at the party and we were kissing and then we left or somethin, but-' She stopped mid-sentence and suddenly all signs of her being tired instantly vanished as the reality of what's happened sunk in.