Chapter 6

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

Everything slowed down, it looked like time had stopped. I could see the bullets moving slowly through the air towards us. The men had also slowed down, to the point where they were barley moving.
What's happening to me?!

Looking over my shoulder I saw the girl was also frozen. She was reloading her bow with a new arrow. The quiver which held her arrows  was almost empty.

North, Tooth, Bunny and Sandy were attempting to run towards the fight, but they had stopped in their tracks, frozen like everybody else.

What is going on? Why is everything not moving? Was the girl doing this? If she was then why is she frozen and I'm not?! I thought she was still a mortal human!

I walked forward to view one of the bullets that had stopped inches away from the girls face. Time hadn't completely stopped, it was just moving really slowly. The bullet was still moving, I could tell because the air around it looked like ripples on the surface of water.

Quickly using my staff, I pulled her backwards so the bullet wouldn't hit her. I took this opportunity to deflect as many of the incoming bullets as I could. Not knowing how long it would last.

When I had seen her pinned to the ground by that man, this inner rage exploded inside of me. I wanted to hit him so hard he would be in hospital for months! Well, to be honest I did blast ice at him pretty hard and it wouldn't surprise me if he did end up in hospital.

But that feeling quickly faded and was replaced by this overwhelming feeling to protect her, to keep her safe. It was something I had never felt before. It was like my brain had shut down and the only thing that matted was her. Not even my own life or Guardians mattered to me. All of my senses were dulled down until the only thing I could see, hear, feel and think of was her!

As soon as I stood next to her, all of the chaos that I was feeling suddenly stopped and my head cleared. My powers finaly kicked in and for the first time in what felt like forever, I could use them, but they were a hell of a lot stronger then before. I have never felt so super charged! My fists were emitting a bright, pure white and blue glow around my staff. I could feel the energy of my powers building up inside of me, ready to explode out and destroy everything in my line of fire.

It was as if that girl, the one I've been linked with, had given me a super power boost, making my powers triple in strength!

I was struggling to control it. This much raw uncontrollable power was extremely dangerous! If I tried to contain it for much longer, I could potentially kill everyone here including myself. 

I did the first thing I could think of and gripped my staff in one hand then as fast as I could I swung it out in front of me. As soon as my other hand made contact, there was a blinding flash of light and a deafening crack. The ground shook like an earth quake, every inch of my staff lit up, glowing like I have never seen before. It was so bright I couldn't even see my hands that were firmly gripping the center.

Ice Lightning exploded from every part of my staff and my body, shooting out in every direction. I screamed out in pain as the electrified shards of broken glass like ice, splintered out from under my skin.

There was silence.

Everything was dark and cold.

We were surrounded in fog, smoke and dangerously sharp pieces of ice. I could barely see the end of my staff through the thick air.