Chapter 33

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'What! Did I just hear you right? He's your step dad?!' Jack yelled.

'Uh huh!' I grumbled while gritting my teeth together with aggravation.

'Haha, umm... Yeah.... Romie? What are you doing here? How did you even get here? Oh and how's Jessica? Did she have and good birthday? Sorry I couldn't make it down to see her.' Cupid asked while walking towards me, but I stepped away from him when he drew closer. He stopped walking when he realised I was totally pissed.

'Dan? You're Cupid?' I asked sternly, wanting an explanation immediately.

'Umm, yeah, uh huh, I'm Cupid.' He replied nervously while uneasily shuffling on the spot.

'We're you always Cupid, or is this just a new development?' I asked him.

I wanted to know if this is the reason he left us two years ago.

'Yes, I've always been Cupid.' He replied.

'Well then why did you leave?! Two years ago you abandoned us! I want to know why!' I yelled while Jack attempted to calm me down.

'I did not abandon you! The Man In The Moon forced me to leave. Pitch Black had suddenly become active and was hunting down all of the Guardians, not just the Guardians of Childhood. It wasn't safe for me to stay. I would have put you, your sister and your mother in danger if I did. MiM for some unknown reason was extremely protective over you and didn't give me a choice, I had to go because Pitch would find me eventually and you with me. MiM refused to let that happen. I couldn't really disobey him.

Thankfully my angels and I didn't have to fight Pitch ourselves because MiM created himself a new pawn to do all of the dirty work for us.' Cupid said while gesturing towards Jack.

'Shut up! I am nobody's pawn! I'm a guardian!' Jack yelled while aiming his staff at the winged angel man in the regal styled suit in front of us.

'Oh really? Get over yourself Frost! You'll never be a real guardian until you grow up. You're nothing but a child.' Cupid snapped back.

'Oi! You two stop it now!' I yelled at the both of them. A loud clash of thunder and bright flash of lighting exploded in the sky over the workshop.

The whole room went silent and six pairs of eyes were immediately glued to me.

I'm had unintentionally used my powers and transformed into my seasonal Spring Mother Nature dress.

'Oh damn it, not again! Look what you two made me do!' I exclaimed while pouting and crossing my vine gloved arms over my light green strapless corset.

'R-R-Romanna?' Cupid stuttered at my current appearance.

'What?' I replied harshly while turning my back towards him.

The dress came down to the floor in length and my legs and feet were easily hidden inside it's green slightly puffy ball gown-ish like shaped skirt.

'Romie, sweetheart, umm...' He continued while pointing his gloved finger towards me.

'I don't undastand why this keeps happenin to me. The two fathas I've had, they've both lied to me! Who are you? Is Dan even your real name? What 'bout mum, your wife, did ya even botha to tell 'er?!' I yelled while glaring daggers at him with my emerald green eyes.