Chapter 2

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

After about two minutes of falling down Bunny's tunnel it opened and I was sent flying out of it, crashing into North. He seemed happy but I can't say as much for Bunny he looked very annoyed. Whatever is wrong with me it can't be that bad, can it?

'I can't believe it! Him! Of all people to choose! Why!' Bunny growled.

Yep that's it! I'm in trouble. Something is wrong and now Bunny is yelling like a wild animal!

I'm going to lose my guardianship. Arn't I?

Wait, what did Bunny mean when he said "choose?" What have I been chosen for and how does, me not sleeping have to do with being chosen for something. Why are all of my questions being asked in my head and not out loud!

'Bunny calm down, what is matter?' North said with a cheerful voice.

'Yeah what are you talking about who has been chosen for what?' Tooth said in a happy tone as she flew towards me, helping me to my feet.

'Jack has been chosen by The Man in the Moon to be the next protector!' Bunny shouted his voice getting louder and more angry.

As soon as Bunny said that everyone in the globe room stopped and looked at me. Even the yetis and elves! They all had shocked and confused expressions on their faces.

Ok I'm feeling really uneasy now.

'What is a protector?' I asked while slowly raising an eyebrow. My voice slightly pitched with confusion.

'Umm... Bunny are you sure? Are you super, super sure?' asked Tooth while taking her hand off my shoulder and flying a step away from me.

'Wait what's going on?! Why are you all looking at me like that?!' I quickly shook my head, giving Tooth a sad, confused look.

'Why did she do that?' I asked. 'Tooth?' I turned on the spot looking at everyone in the room, I was the only one moving in the entire workshop!

The whole room was silent. It was deafening. There was only one sound, other than my heavy breathing and it was the high pitched buzz of Toothiana's wings.

'Whatever is going on I want to know! Now!' I yelled out in frustration. No one was answing my question. The room fell silent again.

'I wouldn't mention it if I wasn't sure.' Bunny spoke breaking the silence, answering Tooth's question but ignoring mine. He walked over to where North was standing, his eyes locked on me.

'Jack told me that for the last two or so weeks he hasn't been sleepin and he's been havin these strange, and might I say serous, fevers at night. Oh and he has lost almost all of his powers!'

And just when you think Bunny was done telling them all of the Private info that I didn't really want them all to know, he says this:

'Oh, and I easily knocked his staff out of his hands.' I rolled my eyes not thinking it was as important as everything else, but everyone gasped in shock, even the yetis. They all stood there and stared at me. I'm sure I heard Tooth whisper "Oh no."

'Really Bunny! You didn't need to tell them that!' I shouted at him. He ignored me and continued telling the others about what he had seen and what I had told him.

They continued to talk amongst themselves about me as if I wasn't even there. This is so frustrating I want to know what is going on and no one is telling me!