Chapter 32

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'Aww, arn't you two cute. I'm sorry to have to do this but...' I faintly heard a voice but I was too sleepy to tell if it was real or a dream.

When the bedroom light suddenly turned on, I quickly realised that is wasn't a dream and someone was waking me up.

I groaned while burying my face into Romanna's chest and pulling the blanket over our heads. The steady sound of her heart beat slowly lulling me back to sleep.

'Hey you two, dinna is ready. I suggest you eat it while it's still hot.' Romanna's mother, Amy, said in a very sweet motherly tone.

She was down right the most amazing person I have ever met. Amy is so kind and caring and has sacrificed so much for both of her daughters. I have never seen a mother like her, it's almost too good to be true. But luckily for Romie, it was.

'Aggh, muuumm. I'm tired do I have to get up?' Romanna grumbled while pulling the blanket off our heads.

'No actually. You two can eat in here if you want. Here's your food.' Amy said while placing two cups of water and two plates of lasagna on the bed beside table.

'Enjoy.' She said while brushing her dark brown almost black coloured hair away from her face. She smiled at me and waved as she walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

'Wow! Thank you!' I called out to Amy. I could hear a muffled reply as she walked away.

Amy looked actually surprisingly young to have a teenage daughter. I have to admit that when I first saw her, I thought she was Romanna's older sister. But after asking, she explained that she married Romanna's father when she was young and was now was in her mid thirty's.

Romanna comment on Amy's answer saying she liked having a mum that was young. That she was on occasion more like a fun, hyper, best friend instead of a mother and she could understand and relate with Amy more because of it.

They have an incredible bond and I'm kinda jealous. I wish I could remember more about what my mother was like.

'That was really nice of your mum to let us eat in here and serve the food to us. Oh my snow days, that smells sooo good!' I exclaim as I lean over Romanna and grab my plate (The one with the biggest amount of food on it)

'Hmm? Oh, yeah, she probably just wanted to leave the "new couple" alone to eat their dinna.' Romanna said while yawning and sitting up, also grabbing her plate of food.

'Wow, you're hungry.' She commented while taking a hold of the knife and fork that were resting on the side of the plate.

'Uh huh, I've barely eaten in almost five days.' I replied with a mouthful of the gooey and warm lasagna.

'Mmm, this is so good!' I state while swallowing and watching Romie fork a big chunk into her mouth.

'Mmnn, you're right. Mum's really out done herself this time.' She added while swallowing.

After a few moments of silently eating, I decided to make some small talk.

'So, what are you planning to wear to the party?' I asked while looking up from my almost empty plate.

'Umm, I don't know. What do you think I should wear?' She asked while scraping the last of the sauce off her plate and into her mouth.

'I wonder.... Can you use your powers easily now?' I asked while stabbing my fork into the last chunk of the lasagna that was on my plate.