Chapter 21

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'That's impossible! I knew you were older than the Man In The Moon, but are you seriously telling me that you're older than the Earth?! And that you dug up the top of the planet to make it round and then made Australia out of it!?' I half yelled while flailing my arms at him.

Bunny chuckled at my confusion.

'Uh huh. Jack, I'm a time travela. Well, I used to be. I was the guardian of the whole universe and I was standin next to the King and Queen of the Golden Age, during the ceremony of baby MiM's birth. I was there the day that entire galaxy, kingdom and all of it's people were butchered without reason. Hundreds of thousands of people and planets, gone within a few days. All destroyed by Pitch, his Fearlings and Nightmare Pirates. At one point he even tried to kill his own daughta.

I watched the Earth be created and I watched it's people grow into what they are now. I've lived to see the destruction of my own home planet and I also watched my entire race come to the brink of extinction. I couldn't do a single thing to save any of them. If I die, that whole civilisation would be lost and forgotten. Even time itself would erase any trace of Pooka's existence. I can't let that happen.' Bunny explained.

'Ok, but if you had so much power, why did you give it all up?' I asked while calmly returning to my seat, again.

I've lost count on how many times I've gotten on and off this couch.

'Cause even with all of my powa, I failed at that one job I was given. I lost Santoff Clausen. That stupid little village filled with magic and inventors, the last wizard from Atlantis and his adopted daughta, the spectral boy and his moonbeam. They managed to wiggle into my lonley heart and I fell in love with that amazing little place.

Until a spell Ombric casted backfired. The whole place vanished into thin air, leavin North and I alone. It was North's home and he lived there for years, learnin spells and bonding with the people. I felt the most bad for him since he was nothin but the most wanted thief in all of Russia, and suddenly Ombric changed him into a good person. He gave North the home he neva had and the family he always wanted.

Within an instant, it was completely gone. I searched for years, jumping fowards and backwards through time tryin to find them and tryin to work out what exactly happened that day. I neva did. Even at one point I was desperate enough to break my biggest rules and go into different dimensions, lookin for them inside of otha alternate worlds, thinking that would be the only otha place they could be. But I think both North and I knew we were now searching for nothing but the dead.

I hated myself for letting them get so close to me personally and because of that, they are all gone.

I lost all hope in myself and in anything I did. Seriously, I couldn't see any point in having hope, it's not really real. If I can't find one missing magic village then what kind of guardian am I? That's when I realised that, that was my centa. It was hope. I was still lookin for them long afta North had given up. I seriously went to the ends of the Earth in "hope" of finding them.

Still to this day I haven't completely given up. I'll find them eventually. But even if they did somehow survive, they would have died of old age hundreds of years ago. Nightlight and his moonbeam are the only ones who could possibly live for this long. So, I'll keep lookin until I find him.

I think you would love Nightlight, he's almost exactly like you. Constantly wanting to run around and play tricks on people. He loved flyin and playin tag or hide-n-seek with MiM's moonbeams. He neva spoke a word, but extremely rarely he would say one single word. He was telepathic and communicated with his mind to his moonbeam, so he didn't feel the need to actually use his mouth to talk. He did love to laugh a lot though. That's the only thing you would eva constantly hear come from him. Kinda like you, only I can neva get ya to shut up.