Chapter 10

(Romanna's POV) I told you it was gonna change! ^w^

|

|

|

|

|

'Thanks.' I said to the feathered woman, while she wiped away the dry blood that was staining my face. She nodded in response and mumbled something that sounded like, no worries. She then expertly applied two butterfly stitches onto my forehead.

It's strange, this woman, whom I have never met, is worried about me. Who are these people, how is she flying and where did she get the first aid kit from?

'So, honey, what's your name?' The woman asked sweetly.

'Umm... It's... I-I mean.' Why am I stuttering?

'Romanna' I said forcefully trying to stop my nerves. 'My names Romanna. What's yours?' I asked politely and in a more friendly tone. The large man standing beside us let out a loud chuckle.

'Well, my dear Romanna. We are the Guardians.' He said while standing in line with the other four people behind him. You have got to be kidding me. What kind of stupid, twisted joke is this?!

'I am North but you would know me by another name, Santa Claus. This is obviously Bunny, the Easter Bunny. Toothiana, the Tooth Fairy.' North was cut of by the fairy quickly chirping in 'But please, call me Tooth.'

'Ha ha, yes, call her Tooth.' North added. 'This is Sandy the Sandman and last but not least, Jack Frost. You see, you do know who we are.' North finished.

'Umm... Sorry, not to be rude but I like only know three of-.' That was all I could mutter out before Bunny cut me off, changing the subject.

'Hey, do ya have any neighbours with young kids?' He asked while looking around.

'What? Umm... No. We have no neighbours. Why'd ya ask?' I said while taking off my hat and turning to face him.

'I can her a young girl screamin.' Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. 'No seriously I can hear some kid screamin the name Romie?' He said confused while looking over to me.

My blood ran cold. 'Jessica!' I yelled out in panic while dropping my hat. My protective instincts suddenly kicked in and sprinted full speed towards the house.

I could hear Jack yelling out for me to slow down but I ignored him.

Jessica, she was alone and locked inside the house which was over a Kilometre away!

I knew I couldn't keep up this speed and run the whole way back to her. My lungs were already burning and breathing was now almost impossible, but I couldn't stop.

She's my sister and she was in trouble. The overdose of adrenalin pumping through my body was the only thing that was giving me the stamina to keep running.

A cold rush of wind blew up from behind me and lifted me off my feet. I screamed thinking I was about to trip and fall face first into the rock hard ground, but instead, I felt two arms wrap around my waist. It was Jack, he was flying and carrying me high above the ground.

'What the hell are you doin!' I yelled while clinging onto him for dear life.

'Giving you a lift.' He looked down at me, smirking at my terror of heights.

My weak hair tie snapped under the stress of the fast blowing wind, making my hair blow freely in the sweltering summer air.

Less than a minute later we landed outside of my house and I could now hear Jess's screams for myself.