Chapter 28

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'It's been over an hour! Why haven't we found her yet!' I yelled out in frustration while Tooth harshly pulled me out of the pile of rubble I was digging through.

I was trying to help North, Bunny and Sandy find Romie, but this search is going nowhere! We have almost dug up and lifted everything in the area, but sill, we haven't found her, or Carl, or Pitch....

Tooth has been gone for over an hour but showed up again about 20 minutes ago. She had washed all the blood off her bright feathers and has been trying to help us as much as possible.

Though she's starting to get frustrated because Bunny keeps forcing her to sit down. She appears to be in perfect health, not a single scratch, bruise or feather out of place on her entire body.

Unlike us boys. Not only were we covered head to toe in dirt, blood, ash and charcoal, but we've sustained quite a few minor injures from attempting to dig Romanna out.

The amount of broken glass, nails, straps of metal and splintered wood that was mixed with the concrete, bricks and the patches of fire that were still present, made it almost impossible to do anything without getting hurt in some way.

'Jack! You need to stop!' Tooth ordered while forcefully pushing me away from a dangerous fallen power line and away from our small search party.

'Stay still!' She exclaimed while attempting to clean up the cuts and grazes on my face, and aiding the burns on my hands and bare feet.

'Tooth, I don't think you understand how freaked out I am. I can't feel her link anymore!' I half shouted while flinching away from the wet towel she was dabbing onto my forehead.

'No, Jack I do understand. You do realise that the whole reason she's where she is now is because of me?! I fell into Pitch's trap and got myself captured! Also not to mention my brother, who was almost killed because of me!' She said while slightly loosing her temper and pressing the towel harder onto my injures, making them hurt more.

'Ow!' I complained while crossing my arms.

'Yeah, well shut up and quit complaing. If you would just hold still, this will be over in a second.' Her voice was laced with impatience and she was more then ready to slap me for being such a pain.

Over the past 20 minutes of Toothiana being here, she's been trying to tend to my injures, but I haven't let her.

She's now taken me by force and will not be pushed aside. She's obviously hating herself for not being able to fight back or to save herself. Tooth is one of the strongest and fearless warriors you will ever meet, but Pitch had made her feel so helpless. Now she's determined to make up for it by helping us now.

There was silence for a moment before I spoke again.

'It's not your falt. Romanna did it on her own. You don't know half of her story, so you wouldn't understand the reasons behind why she exploded like that. Also you wouldn't know why she was so scared of Carl. And also you wouldn't know why he would shoot his own daughter like that.' I said while turning my hand over so Tooth could bandage it.

I refuse to call that man her father. Carl doesn't deserve to have that tital!

'Wait, do you know something we don't?' She asked while staring up at me with a super serous expression on her face.