Chapter 15

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'Thanks' Romanna spoke while shyly looking away from me. My cheeks were still glowing a faint pink and now so were her's.

'You've definitely made me feel betta. I'm sorry for causin ya so much pain. My injures don't really botha me, even when they should. I'm sorry ya had to feel all of that. I'll be more careful from now on, I don't want ya feelin anything you shouldn't.' She said while smiling cutely in a shy childlike fashion at me.

Is she purposely trying to make me melt? Why are you so cute when you act all shy? What happened to that scary "I'll beat anyone up who gets on my bad side" girl?

Oh Romie, you're making my job so much harder. Can you pick an emotion and stick with it? Of coarse not, you're a girl, and apparently girls are always thinking and feeling a hundred emotions per second!

Oh and for the love of the moon, stop looking at me like that and smiling at me like that! You're being so adorable I'm gonna die! I seriously feel like I'm melting or am I just sweating? I can't tell the difference any more.

No no no! Jack stop thinking like that! I am meant to protect her not date her! We will be working together from now on and I can't screw it up by having a crush.

Manny, all I wanted was a friend my age. I know Romanna will be my friend but how am I supposed to be her friend when my stupid brain won't stop thinking about how cute she is and acts?

Woah!!!! Hold up! Romanna, she.... She didn't punch me?

That's when I realised I was still holding both of her warm hands in mine. I thought I had moved away from her, wait I did, so why were we again sitting shoulder to shoulder, eye to eye!?

It was Romanna!!!!!!!

She's shuffled closer to me and I was wrong I'm not holding her hands, she's holding mine!

Hmm... I've got a feeling I might not be the only one who's developing a crush. Maybe my feelings might not go unnoticed. After all, I know exactly how she's feeling and let's just say all of the doubts I had a second ago are long gone. I might actually like this new unplanned hiccup in our friendship and I know she will too.

'Ehem!' Bunny cleared his throat loudly in order to catch our attention.

We immediately jumped apart, still blushing like idiots and avoiding eye contact with everyone including each other.

'Oh sorry did I interrupt you?' Bunny said in a sarcastic, macho tone.

I coughed awkwardly in response.

Oh come on, what was I supposed to say? It was a trick question and I know I would get burned either way, so I'm gonna just keep my mouth shut!

'I know this is all a bit overwhelming for you Romanna, but don't worry because you're one of us now! We are guardians and we stick together no matter what!' North boomed causing Romanna and I to jump out of our thoughts and immediately look over at him.

'Yeah, sounds great to me.' Romanna said sounding absolutely excited.

'That's the spirit!' I said while jumping off the bed and smiling at her. 'I'll be right back!' I say quickly as I dashed out of the room.

I was walking down towards the kitchen, hoping some biscuits or muffins were waiting to be eaten.

Pushing open the large swinging door I stepped into the warm sweet smelling kitchen of the North Pole, only to be met with a very unhappy face.