Chapter 19

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'You don't have any food allergies, do you?' Tooth asked while passing a bowl of salad to Bunny.

The guardians had warmly greeted me after Jack and I exited the portal. I was given a quick tour of North's workshop which sadly ended when we reached the dining hall.

We were all sitting around a large regal styled dining table that had gold, silver, ruby and jade coloured Celtic like symbols etched on beautifully polished dark wood. The elegant high backed dining chairs carried the same symbols on their polished wood and the red velvet cushion on the base made the whole chair feel like a king's or queen's throne.

The whole table was completely covered by mountains of different types of food. It looked like a feast fit for a king! It was amazing and everything looked too good to eat!

'Allergies? Umm... not really' I replied to the fairy while watching Jack pile his small plate with a stupid amount of food.

'Are ya really gonna eat all of that?' Bunny asked while slightly leaning forward over the mountains of tall piled food to check out what Jack was exactly doing.

'Yep and I'm going to do it all at once! Wanna see how?' Jack replied while slapping a large bun of bread to the top of his now mammoth of a burger.

'I don't care what you eat or don't eat, just don't choke.' North said to Jack while bringing his attention towards me.

'My dear, your answer to the question of you having a food allergy was "Not really" does that mean you have one? If you do I need to know.' North asked while following Jack influence and making himself a massive burger, but his was double the size of Jack's.

'Oh, yeah it's nothin really serious it's just I can't eat any kind of dairy. It gives me stomach cramps.' I replied simply while taking a sip from the coffee cup in front of me. I had made it at home and brought with me.

'Oh! So that's why you drink your coffee black. You can't have the milk because it makes you sick.' Jack attempted to speak but his mouth was too full.

'Uh huh.' I mumbled while swallowing a mouthful of bacon.

I wonder if I should tell them about the milk filled coffee and cream covered pancakes Jessica made me yesterday morning.... I didn't eat that much of it and Jess knows better than to feed me too much. It's a rare treat, and I didn't feel too bad afterwards.

Compared to the injures I sustained yesterday, a tummy ache was the least of my problems.

'Oh and yogurt. I know it's dairy, but that's not the reason why. I'm highly allergic to somethin inside of it. It's some kind of "good" bacteria that's in it that makes me really sick. I need to have one of those medical pens to stop me from dying if I eat it.' I said while taking another sip of the strong coffee.

When I placed my cup down I noticed everyone was staring at me. 'What?' I asked giving them a confused look.

'Ok.... let's just keep this away from you. Shall we.' Jack said while picking up a small bowl of thick white liquid that was in front of me and sliding it across the table away from him.

'It's ok, really. I can't eat cream because of the dairy in it so there isn't any chance of me accidentally eatin yogurt instead. Trust me I've done it more than once and now I just avoid cream unless I'm sure it is cream. But then again I shouldn't really even be eatin cream, but I can't help it, it's yummy.' I joked while eyeing off the pancakes that were covered in cream.