Chapter 16

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

I stopped to take a breath. Swallowing hard to remove the lump in my throat.

My hands wouldn't stop shaking even after Jack grabbed a hold of them. He was being so kind to me and I don't understand why. Is it because he can feel what I'm feeling, or is it more than that?

I'm not stupid, it's obvious he's got some kind of feelings for me, hence the reason he keeps cuddling me and soothing me when I'm crying. He keeps wiping away my tears and holds his hand on my cheek.

He brought me food without me even having to ask and he returned my hat. He saved my life, helped me attempt to save my sister and calmed me down after I had a complete melt down.

Aghh!!! I hate feeling so weak!!!

I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!

I'm normally so strong and never show weakness. What is Jack doing to me?! Not even my own mother could get me to open up.

How is Jack doing it? It's like I have no control over anything when he's around, and it's really starting to annoy me.

He's too nice, and it's not natural for someone to be this nice. If he does have affectionate feelings for me, he won't have them the second he finds out about who I really am.

It's better he finds out now, before he starts to get attached to me. That way only I will get hurt, not him. I don't want to lose the only friend I have.

But it needs to be done.

Though, what I'm kinda worried about is I tell him everything, and then nothing changes. What if he gets more attached and fond of me? That's really bad. I can't let him doom himself with falling for me, the wrong girl, the broken girl, the mistake.

Jack, he's trying so hard to help me overcome my painful past and has already promised to stay by my side until he dies. I feel so bad for him and what makes it worse, is I really liked him for doing that.

I now know that he's immortal and he'll never die, and soon when I become a guardian I will also be immortal, right?

I think that's how it works. So, when Jack said that he was gonna stay with me until he dies, which is impossible because he can't die, does that mean he was really meaning was he wants to be with me until the end of time?

That is the most selfless, amazing thing anyone had ever said or done for me.

No one has ever truly realised how broken I was, but the second I met you Jack, you did. You saw it and almost immediately you're trying to help me.

I see what you're doing, you're trying to wiggle past my walls and guards and unlock my true personally. I also see you're trying to get me to fall for you while you're doing it.

Well done Jack Frost.

I've known you for a whole 8 hours and you have done the impossible.

You have gotten into my head and caught me off guard more than once. I never let my guard down, so that alone deserves a metal.

You've made me laugh and smile. Which I haven't done in years.

You actually made me feel like I have a friend and maybe even a relationship of some sort. Never did I ever once believe that someone would ever treat me the way you do. I don't deserve to have you.