Chapter 3

(Tooth's POV)

|

|

|

|

'Jack! Jack! Oh no! He's burning up! North what do we do?' I yelled. I was panicking and I didn't know how to help. Jack, he just collapsed, right into my arms.

'We need to cool him down! Quick, hurry this way!' North shouted quickly as Bunny lifted Jack off of me and carried him after North. 'In here! Quickly!' North shouted as he opened a large heavy door. We were in what seemed to be some kind of freezer.

North dragged a table into the middle of the room and I watched as Bunny laid Jack down onto it.

'What is this place?' I asked North looking around at boxes filled with ice cream, chocolate and other cooking ingredients.

'This is my freezer. It is where I keep all of my ingredients fresh, until they are ready to be cooked with.' North spoke fast trying to only concentrate on Jack. 'I have the temperature really low in here, not even Jack could make snow or ice this cold. It is to keep the food fresher for longer, so that is why I thought to bring him in here, maybe the extreme cold might help.' North told us.

'His body is under a lot of stress, the high temperatures he is feeling from the girl and from the cold he needs to survive. He has been weakened and has no power to keep him self manually cold. Therefore he will not survive long if we don't do something now. This girl needs to be found, but Jack is our first priority.' North explained while packing ice and packets of frozen vegetables around Jack's body.

'How can we help? Did you want me to go and find her. I'll be able to track 'er down pretty fast. The soona we get her out of the heat the fasta Jack will recova. Right?' Bunny asked while placing Jack's staff on the ground under the table.

'No, we go find her together. Jack is the only one who can correctly identify her. We need to wait until he can come with us. All we can do is keep him cold and alive.' North replied.

I was hovering by the large open door watching North and Bunny attempt to cool Jack down. I knew everybody was worried I could see it in their faces. I don't think we ever really realised how much Jack meant to us, until his life suddenly fell into our hands. It's our decision and his life is depending on us making the right one.

'As much as I want to stay and see if Jack is alright. I can't stay in this degree cold for much longer. I fear my wings might freeze and break.' I didn't want to leave them with Jack just lying there so helpless, but it was far too cold for me to stay in there for more than a few minutes.

'We understand Tooth, both you and Sandy are free to leave, Bunny and I will watch Jack and we will tell you if anything changes.' North said as nodded to Bunny confirming that he was going to stay.

We exited the Freezer and watched as North shut the heavy metal doors behind us. Moments later Sandy and I found ourselves sitting on the small lounge chair in the globe room. I was nervously fumbling with my interlocked fingers in my lap waiting for Bunny, North and Jack.

I glanced over my left shoulder at Sandy who was franticly waving his hands at me, trying to get my attention. How long had he been doing that?

'Yes Sandy, what is it?' I asked turning to face him properly. I watched as the golden Dreamsand started to swirl above his head forming letters and words.

Sandy has started making the sand symbols that he uses to communicate with into real words and sentences, instead of the cute images. The reason for this is that after two years, Jack still can not understand him.