Chapter 1

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

'What The! It's like 40 degrees in here!' I yelled in frustration. Stupidly, I forgot to open the windows in my bedroom and now it's really hot! I can't believe I did that!

It was the worst heat wave to ever hit my area. Sitting on the edge of my bed I tried to cool off in the fan. I pulled my natural coloured, brown-blond hair back into a high ponytail in an attempt to keep it from sticking to my face from the heat. Though my side fringe was a little too short (coming down to my chin in length) to be pulled back, so it hung free on either side of my face like normal.

'Hey Romie!' I heard my little sister call out to me.

'Yeah Jess, I'm in here.' I can't believe I heard her over the loud engine of the industrial fan running in my room.

Jessica walked in dripping wet. Her brown - blonde hair had gone a dark brown from swimming in the pool.

'Do you wanna go for a swim with me?' She asked.

'Na I'm fine. I can't be bothered to change into my swimming togs.' I told her as she passed me her hair brush.

'I wish it was winter!' She pouted.

'You do know winter ended over a month ago?' It was crazy for it to be this hot only a month after winter had ended. This is one of the many things that makes my area so fun to live in!

(A/N That was sarcasm)

 After I finished brushing her hair. I braided it so it wouldn't get tangled and the 8 year old skipped happily from my room to go and play. She is the cutest thing you will ever see. She had dark brown eyes and freckles smothering her nose and cheaks. It's funny that she has dark brown eyes and dark hair like my mother, where as I have light hair and light teal-blue eyes.

When the temperature did eventually start to cool down it was 10:55pm. I was so tired as soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

|

|

|

|

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

'I just don't understand!' I yelled out in frustration and pulled the hood of my worn out blue hoodie over my ice white hair, covering my face.

Leaning back against the trunk of one of the trees that surrounded my frozen pond, I was perched up on one of the higher branches.

'This is so stupid! I should be doing stuff not lying here,' I attempted to say while yawning. My eyes were heavy and I struggled to keep them open. I yawned again. 'Aghh!' I grumbled while sitting up properly, rubbing my eyes and face in an attempt to stop myself from falling asleep.

I haven't been sleeping at all lately. Well only at night, I mean. During the day I have no trouble falling asleep. It's making me feel nocturnal and this is really affecting the way I act. Being too exhausted during the day to preform my daily tasks of bringing winter, snow and fun! Yes, it's true, I am to tired to have fun. I am constantly finding my self nodding off to sleep and having to try and keep my self awake.

It's a struggle just to move at all during the day and tiniest of things just seem to drain me.

Also, just to add to my list of problems because of how tired I am, my powers aren't working at all during the day. I can't fly, I can't make ice or snow or snowflakes or fun! My life feels like its over!