Chapter 7

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

'We told you not to go racin in there and to wait until we had a propa plan! But did ya listen? NO! Your disobedience could have gotten all of us and the girl killed!' Bunny yelled pacing back and forth waving his boomerang at me.

'Hey! Bunny calm down. She was in trouble, what did you expect I would do? Huh? Just wait and see if we should go and help? Come on!' I didn't like the tone he was using but I chose to do the mature thing and keep my cool, not letting my temper get the better of me, unlike Bunnymund.

'Why The Man in the Moon would pick you, of all people, to protect the sixth Guardian! You're too reckless!' He continued.

'Hey!' I yelled, now losing my temper. That last statement really ticked me off.

How dare he say I'm reckless! I am not reckless. Just because I like getting into trouble, doesn't mean I'm reckless. The Man in the Moon chose me to protect her, I have to trust him and believe that for whatever reason he has for picking me over North, Tooth Sandy and even Bunny it has to be important.

'If I had done what you had told me to do and waited for longer than I already had, she would be dead right now!' While yelling back, I pointed my staff at him. My hands were gripping it so hard my already pale skin was turning even more sickly white.

'I did what I had to do! What was right!' My anger had gotten the better of me and I could feel my powers slipping out of my tight grasp. A layer of ice and frost was starting to form around my feet and all the nearby trees and shrubs that had just thawed from the fight, started to freeze over again.

'Jack.' Romanna spoke with a soft and calm voice. Placing her hand on my shoulder forcing me to calm down.

'It's ok, you guys don't need to fight. I'm fine now. I don't know why you're all so worried but, I thank you anyway.' She said nodding to us and smiling. I lowered my staff and as I did the ice stopped growing and quickly melted into the dry, thirsty earth.

Normaly when I lose control over my powers, no one is able to calm me down. Tooth, North, Sandy and Bunny all just back off and let me cool down on my own for a while.

Although, I only ever get angry because of Bunny. Sometimes I just can't stand him! He's usually always the one to start the fight... Usually.

I would only start one either because I'm bored or he's purposely ignoring me to make me angry so when a fight does break out and North has to restrain the both of us, he can say that I started it! And he calls Me the child! Maybe it's about time he stopped telling me to grow up and stop acting like a child, and grew up himself!

'Bunny!' Tooth shouted with a stern voice drawing all attention off me and onto her.

'What!' Bunny snapped, looking back at her. She shot a glare at him that was so deadly, terrifying Bunny's ears instantly dropped and flattened against the back of his head. I think we all took a step or two away from her.

Yeah Tooth might seem small and weak but don't underestimate her. She is a decedent of the most fearsome worrier women known to earth! I wouldn't be surprised if she was the strongest out of all of us Guardians. A word of warning, don't get on Toothiana's bad side. Just ask Pitch and the adult tooth she punched out.

After seeing Bunny's reaction she let out a small sigh and rolled her eyes and the terrified Pooka realising she had over done it, just a little.

'I think this is all just one big mistake. Jack only did what he thought was the right thing to do. He made the right choice by ignoring our order.' Tooth said defending me.