Chapter 29

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

~~~~Four days ago, just after the lightning explosion~~~~

I did it! I used my powers and I totally showed Pitch Black how it's done! Ha! No one hurts my friends or family and gets away with it!

'Umm guys? North, Jack, are you there? I didn't hurt you guy's, did I?' I called out into the darkness of the powerless street.

A second later the lights turned back on. Now I could see the destruction I had created. I gasped in horror at the rubble surrounding me. I had blown the whole place and all of it's buildings to bits! There was nothing but smoke, fire and broken remains of the main road in Burgess.

Wait I lost my glasses. How come I can see? Hold on, if I remember correctly, wasn't something heavy falling from above?

WAIT!!!! Wasn't I shot!

The memory from what happened quickly returned and I suddenly grabed at my chest, checking to see if the bullet wound which was there when I collapsed, was still there.

'It's gone.....? Umm.... Right, what's going on!? Somebody start talking, Now! Hello? Jack? Where are you?' I called out into the dead silence of the street.

I remember something big pinning me to the ground after I collapsed, but I don't remember ever managing to get out from under it. I was buried, so how come I'm standing perfectly unharmed and on top of the rubble?

Everything was silent. Even the fire that was burning next to me was silent. It didn't make a single whoosh or crackle. That was when I started to question if what I was seeing was really real.

Wait! If the road is no more, where is this light coming from? None of the street lights are standing and the power should still be out untill tomorrow afternoon.

I turned on the spot to face the light. It was the moon. The Man in the Moon.

I glanced back at the street only to discover that I was no longer in it. I was now standing alone, in a sea of darkness. I could see nothing except for the moon above me.

A spotlight of moonlight was enveloping me in a bright white glow as it lifted me off the ground and held me softly on my back, in the air.

'You are now free of your pain' A soothing voice chimed through my head. It was the same voice I heard while I was trying to activate my powers. It told me to "believe"

'Pain? Are you the Man In The Moon? Were you the one who spoke to me during the battle?' I asked aloud. My voice echoing off the nonexistent walls.

'Yes, Tsar Lunar, at your service. Feel free to call me by the catchy name Nicholas St. North has given me, Manny.

You couldn't use your elemental earth powers untill now because I removed "most" of them when you were a child. After the unfortunate incident with your father, I thought it would be best to let you grow and to give them all back when you were ready.

But unfortunately you were still being heald back with the fear you had developed over using your elemental powers. By healing Queen Toothiana and fighting the Nightmare King, you now know in your heart that these powers are a true gift, as your mother called it.

You saved all of my guardians lives and in return I have saved your's. Your wounds have been healed and you are now, once again, in perfect health.