Chapter 22

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'Hey, Romanna? You know what you said about watching movies to stay awake tonight? Well... Umm... I was actually kinda hoping... If you don't mind... ahmm...' He stuttered before completing losing his cool and getting pink in the face and extremely shy.

'If I don't mind, what? C'mon spit it out. What are ya tryin to ask me?' I begged curiously.

I was hoping the happy and sweet attitude I had sugar coated at the moment, would get him to stop stressing and finish the sentence.

He took a strangely long and deep breath and sighed, making a puff of cold steam rise in the humid air, which I raised my eyebrow at.

'I want you to come with me instead. There's no point in you staying at home, watching movies and being board, also being alone while trying to stay awake for me. When you could do what I wanted in the first place and stay with me. It'll be fun!' Jack said excitedly while following closely behind me as I walked back to the broken step.

'I don't see why ya had to get all nervous and stuttery while askin that.' I replied while stopping and turning to face him, gently tapping the hammer in my hands.

'I can't help it, you.... Make me... Nervous.' Jack explained with a defeated and embarrassed sigh.

'Why? I'm not that scary. Am I?' I said while unintentionally waving the heavy steal hammer as I gestured my hands.

'I'll admit that I can be scary at times, but that shouldn't make you-' My ramble was cut short by a sudden kiss on the cheek.

Aw, he's stealing my moves!

'It's not that kind of nervous. It's a different one.' He corrected while smirking and winking at me.

'Although the way you're swinging that around is freaking me out.' He said while holding up his hands in a non-threatening fashion.

'Oh sorry! Forgot I was holdin it.' I explained while making a silly dumbfounded face at Jack and the hammer, which made him laugh slightly and roll his eyes.

'So... is that a yes or a no? Will you go out with me tonight?' He asked again while grinning widely at me. This time he made it sound more like we were going on a date.

'Well I guess mum and Jess will be asleep so they won't know I'm gone. Ok sure, I'll love to come! It does sound like fun and I'll also get to see where you live! Oh my gosh, will there be snow?!' I asked eagerly.

'Of course there'll be snow. Why did you ask like that?' Jack questioned while casually leaning against his staff. Before I could reply he gasped in shock.

'No! No! No! You've never seen snow, have you?!' Jack yelled in disbelief while dropping his staff. It hit the dry dirt covered ground with a loud thud.

'Nope, neva in my whole life.... Ok not completely true, the yesterday when you were fightin with Bunny and ya froze everythin, that was the first time I had eva seen snow. Oh and the second time was when you were flying me to the North Pole. But I almost died both times and I couldn't really appreciate it or take much of a notice to it because of the situation we were in. So I think it doesn't really count and I would definitely like to properly see it.' I replied while using one hand and my super strength to rip the wodden step and it's current nails off the staircase. There were only five steps and the third one was was broken one.