Chapter 27

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'ROMANNA!' I screamed out towards her disappearing figure. My voice was as rough and dry as gravel because the amount of dust and smoke that was in the air was suffocating.

In that split second, Romanna had managed to destroy the entire street! It almost seemed to happen in slow motion.

She lashed out and somehow activated her dormant powers. A beam of light hit Pitch and the ground shook.

Then right after I thought it was all over, out of nowhere Carl reappears from the darkness behind her and shoots a fucking bullet into her back!

As soon as she hit the concrete, it splintered and tore open around her, like you would see in an earthquake. Then every building and apartment on this road crumbled like a tower of cards from the shock wave she caused.

The sound was horrendous. Steal being ripped from rooftops, power lines exploding and showering us in dangerous electrical sparks, brick and concrete being forced apart then finally all of the buildings lost all structural integrity and collapsed down on top of us.

We were now standing inside of a massive crater filled with the rubble of people's homes, cars and businesses. The whole street was completely gone!

It was past midnight and the only source of light was coming from the plentiful fires surrounding us.

Anything that was burnable was on fire, which was a lot since their was a lot of wood and dangerous car fuel around to feed the hungry flames.

If Romanna is going down, then she's going to take the entire street and us with her. Simple as that.

'Holy crap! What the bloody hell was that!' Bunny yelled while stepping over the sharp steal remains of a car. It had been squashed under the bricks from a nearby fallen wall.

'Was that lightning!? She made lightning and thunder and an earth quake!!! HOW!' North yelled while helping Sandy out from under a fallen tree. Luckily North had shielded the two of us from any falling debris and Bunny has only just exited his tunnel.

I was immediately up on my feet and searching for Romanna.

Where is she! All I can think about was the look on her face when she was shot. One second she was smiling and saying everything was ok, and the next she was in complete shock. Falling to the ground, not knowing what was happening or who shot her.

My vision became clouded with panicked tears at the thought of losing her.

The last thing she said was my name! She called out to me, but I couldn't get to her in time! Why am I not in agonising pain? The link sound have made me revive the same wounds as her. Why am I not shot too!?

'Holy Man In the Moon! Where's Pitch!' Bunny yelled while grabbing the back of my hood, pulling me away from a sharp metal object I was about to step my bare feet on.

'Where's Pitch? That's what you're worried about! Bunny where's Tooth and where the hell is Romanna!' I yelled while thrashing myself out of his grasp.

'SHE WAS FUCKING SHOT! BY HER FATHER!!!' I continued to yelled while repeatedly hitting him with my staff.

'Ow! Mate! Stop!' Bunny growled while grabbing my staff, forcing me to stop lashing my blind anger out on him.

'Aggh! Let go!' I wined and lost my balance when he did let go.

'Yes! I saw! Jack, you aren't the only one who's freakin out!' Bunny snapped while pulling me back to my feet.

'Wait, are you hurt too!?' I asked noticing his white and grey-blue fur was almost completely soaked in red blood.

'Umm, n-no.... It's Tooth's.... But don't worry she's at 'er palace alive and well. She had stopped breathing for a moment and I totally freaked out, but Romanna did somethin, she made 'er hands glow and brought Tooth back, healin 'er injures completely.' Bunny explained while inspecting the blood that was staining the fur on his chest, stomach, arms and legs.

That was all Tooth's blood! Oh crap! That's one hell of a lot of blood to come out of one tiny fairy.

'She is ok?' North questioned while making his way over to Bunny, the burning rubble was hard to move through.

'Positive. Romanna and I might be painted with her blood, but I assure you that she's fine.' Bunny said while nodding his head.

'Good! Ok, well not good that Tooth was hurt, but good that she is ok now..... Right.... Now let us find Romanna. She has got a lot of explaining to do.' North finished while avoiding the topic of her being shot and is probably already dead.

As North approached me he stepped on some glass which broke under his weight.

'Wait, what was that?' I asked while glancing down at the shattered remains of Romanna's glasses. I quickly held them up so everyone could see.

'They're her's' I explain while quickly shoving them into my hoodie's pocket.

'I saw part of that building fall down where she was lying. She's been completely buried! That explosion or earthquake she made was like a magnet, it caused all of the rubble to be attracted to her. She's under all of that!' I exclaimed while pointing towards the largest pile of broken glass, concrete, steal, wood and fire that was in the center of the crater.

'She's badly hurt and we need to hurry!' I urged while freezing the nearby fires. The last thing I need is to be burned by them.

North opened a portal and about ten yeti with shovels and axes came through. They're here to help us dig her out.

Let's just say as soon as I find her alive and well, and I will find her alive and well, I am going to murder that man who has the nerve to call himself her father!

Carl hurt Tooth and now he's hurt Romanna, again! Why is this man so bent on hurting and killing his daughter!!!!! Like what the hell is wrong with him! I will make him suffer for everything he's put her through!

'Aggh! Why is this happening now!' I yelled while grabbing at the sides of my head.

'Jack?' North and Bunny asked in unison. Sandy made golden question marks above his head while shrugging at me.

'The link! It's gone!' I gasped with wide eyes. 'I can't feel anything from her! I can't locate her or tell how badly she's hurt... Oh shit! What if it's not gone but I don't feel anything because she's already dead! She was shot in the chest, right next to her heart! What if the rubble that's fallen on top of her has crushed her to death! What if...' I yelled, in a flustered panic.

'Woah mate, calm down. Ya no good to us if ya panicking. We'll have to find 'er the old fashioned way. You were the closest to her position, tell me where she was standing exactly and I'll start makin tunnels through the rubble.' Bunny said while lifting me up over a large mound of unidentifiable junk.

'Umm... Ok. Pitch was way over there and Carl was standing just about here, umm.. and Romie was about here.... I think' I said while gesturing to the spots in front of me.

'Right! Bunny, do your thing.' North urged Bunny while confirming that I had indeed pointed to the right places.

Don't worry Romie, we'll find you!

A/N

Hey guys!
Sorry this chapter was so short, it's basically just to give you a tiny bit more info.

It's also because the next chapter was stupidly big and I needed to separate it into 2 chapters..... this tiny one and the next one which is still a little bit too big.

Oh well! Anyway,

I love you guys and thank you so much for reading and voting!!!

Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them.

Xoxo

I'll update the next part tonight or tomorrow. Byeeee for now!!!!