Chapter 25

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'You know Bunnymund, you have become more of a nuisance than I had first expected. There was was a reason I destroyed the Pooka's home planet first, I wanted to kill off all of you stupid time travelers, so you wouldn't tamper with the past and make sure I would lose the war. I thought I had managed to wipe your pathetic race of chocolate eating monsters from the universe, but I was wrong, one survived. I had fun watching you suffer completely alone. The last of your kind.' Pitch remarked while pacing around the small fairy's figure.

'I spent hundreds of years trying to figure out how to destroy you and it turns out, your only weakness was right here all along' He continued while harshly grabbing a hold of Toothiana's wings and jerking them backwards.

She screamed out in pain as Pitch attempted to damage the delicate frame of her tightly folded wings. He then tossed her into the concrete beneath his feet, enjoying the feeling of having a Queen kneeling at his feet.

'Stop! Please, just stop!' Bunny begged. 'Do what eva ya want to me, just leave Tooth out of it. Don't hurt 'er.' He finished while holding his hands above his head, surrendering.

'It's not you that I want. Here's how this is going to work. Romanna, if you come with me I'll release the fairy. If not then I'll kill her on the spot. Simple.' Pitch's voice was sickening. It made my blood run cold and my stomach turn. I want to throw up but at the same time I want to run and hide. Nails scraping a chalkboard was a very close impression of his venom filled words.

It's obvious he was attempting to drag this out for as long as he could. Pitch has the Last Queen of the Tooth Fairy Armies and the Last Pokan Worrier practicality begging for their lives.

And then, he has me.....

Pitch has me sandwiched in between their original age old war. He's making me choose Toothiana's fate. He is giving me the power to decide whether she lives or dies.

If I say no Pitch will kill Tooth and all of my friends with her. If I say yes he will kill me but at lease he will leave Tooth and my friends alone.

But, how can I be sure Pitch can be trusted? If I give myself up, what is there to stop him from still hurting Tooth and attacking the other Guardians after he's got me? He doesn't seem like the type of person who would stop after he's got what he wants. He will always want more.

What do I do?!

I'm so scared!

I don't want Tooth to die because of me. Everything that is happening right now is because of me!

Why!? Why is this happening to me!?

I've never been in a situation like this before. I don't know how to react. What do I say? What do I do?

Everyone is expecting me to do something or say something to fix this. But I seriously don't even know how to deal with this monster of a man.

I've never met him before now and can't predict his actions or plan.

'Bunny, don't you want to save the woman you love, or are you going to let her die? Like how you let your whole world die. What a failure you are Bunnymund. You couldn't even find that magic village North loves so much.' Pitch continued to taunt him.

'Pitch! You stop this madness now!' North yelled while backing Bunny up.

'Not until Romanna has made her decision Cossack!' Pitch spat while snarling at me.