Chapter 36

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'Answer me! How did you get your powers?!' Pitch hollered.

'You saw what I can do first hand! I didn't think you would be so quick to have round two with me!' I yelled while drawing the attention of everybody in the room.

They are nothing but cowards, every single one of them. They all gasped when I fearlessly yelled back at Pitch and they all rolled their eyes when I said round two.

What, do they think I can't handle him?! I can't believe I have to protect these idiots!

I'll show them!

'Give me my sista you scumbag! How dare you touch her!' I ordered the Nightmare King.

Pitch was unknowingly standing in front of Alex and failed to notice that she had folded up her DJ and turned it back into her Hoverboard.

She was analysing all of the exits in the room and eyeing off the distance between Jessica and herself.

'Hahaha! You want her? You'll get her after you- wait... you don't know, do you?! You've got no idea how you've come in possession of that little curse.' Pitch remarked.

'Well, I guess there is no point in continuing this then.' He stated while grinning and moving his hand from Jessica's shoulder, to her throat.

'No! Stop!' I cried out while attempting to run forward, I was stopped in my tracks when a tentacle of dreamsand wrapped around my body, pulling me back.

The entire room exploded with a bright golden light and Sandman stepped forward.

'Sandy? What are you doing?!' I exclaimed as he continued to weave the golden sand in and out of the crowd.

'I will tell you what you want to know. But first let the child go.' Sandy wrote in sand above his head. It was obviously directed towards Pitch.

'And why should I trust you? How do I know if you really know anything!?' Pitch glared while hovering his hand over Jessica's throat, not letting his skin touch her's.... yet.

'I give you my word. The Man in the Moon has fully informed me about the deal he made with Emily Jane. If you want to know more, you have to trust me.' Sandy insisted. His expression was surprisingly calm.

'Emily Jane? MY EMILY JANE! She would never! Explain this! EXPLAIN THIS NOW SANDMAN OR I WILL KILL HER!' Pitch roared towards the golden man.

He was enraged and his sudden yell and threatening to kill, frightened Jessica back into panicked tears.

'Very well, but what I am about to show you will not be to your liking.' Sandy warned while floating higher above the crowd and using his sand to put everyone into a dreamlike state.

Before Pitch could could mutter another word he was asleep, like the rest of us. Every single person, yeti, elf and fairy was asleep. Even Jessica.

~~~THE DREAM STORY~~~

I open my eyes and stare up at the dark moonlit night sky. Sitting up I quickly realise that I'm not in the North Pole anymore.

I was alone and in the center of a deep forest clearing. The tall pine trees surrounding me were covered in a thick layer of snow. The moonlight from above reflected off the the white snow making the whole place glow a soft blue-ish colour.