Chapter 5

(Jack's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'How could you have cut the bottom of both your feet! There is nothing but soft ice in here! It's impossible!' North asked obviously confused.

'Maybe that's because he didn't.' Bunny replied while inspecting the ground, looking for anything sharp.

'What's that supposed to mean?' I ask while carefully standing up, trying not to cause any more pain to my feet.

'The girl? Could it be the link? Maybe she is the one who is hurt?' North spoke, worry clear in his voice.

A sharp pain hit my right knee and the back of my head, making me gasp out in pain as I slipped backwards onto the ice covered floor.

'We need to find her immediately!' North ordered with a loud, stern voice.

'No kidding.' I said while gritting my teeth from the pain in my feet, knee, and head. Although my head only felt like it had a small bump on the back. Nothing too serous. What's happening to her? Is she getting beat up or something? Well what ever is happening, I don't like it, one bit!

'Oh, that's where you went!' I whispered while shuffling over to grab my staff that was under the table.

'Now that we know she exists, othas will be afta 'er.' Bunny added to North's statement.

'Others? Who else is looking for her and why is she so important?' I asked limping, trying to keep up with them.

'Don't you worry mate, we'll find her.' Bunny reassured me.

'I know we'll find her. I just want to know why you aren't telling me who, other than us, are also after her.' I asked getting slightly annoyed.

'We are not entirely sure who could be after her but if dark or evil find her before we do, everything we know and love, will be destroyed.' The way North said that last part, scared me to no end.

'North, what does that mean? Destroyed, why is she so important?' Ok, not only am I repeating myself like an idiot, but I am now totally freaked out! What happens to us if evil finds her? Who or what exactly is "Evil"? Could it be Pitch? No, we defeated him over 2 years ago.

'Jack, she is the 6th Guardian. It is foretold by Man In Moon, that when the 6th Guardian is chosen they will have the power to banish all Evil from this world, forever. This is why we have to find her and keep her safe. If evil does find her, they will not hesitate to kill her or worse, turn her evil and make her join the Dark Side. If she is as powerful as we believe and she turns bad on us, nothing we have could stop her! She will slaughter all of us without hesitation.'

I swallowed hard, what did the Man In The Moon link me to!?

North had his hands on my shoulders and was glaring at me, right in the eyes, making me shutter. But suddenly his face broke into a smile

'But that would never happen because we are the only ones who know her exact location! To the sleigh!' He shouted loudly as we all raced to the sleigh.

When we reached the sleigh both Tooth and Sandy were waiting for us. As soon as Tooth saw me she squealed something that sounded like my name and with lighting speed, flew over and hugged me really tight.

Wow, did she just hug me? I must have really scared them. I didn't know they even cared about me. I haven't really been here for that long, but they have made me feel so welcome. I have friends! Real friends! Ones who can actually see me!