Chapter 17

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'W-w-why did you to that?' I stuttered completely out of breath, not only from the panic attack but also from the kiss.

'Well' Jack said slowly and softly while brushing my fringes behind my ears. 'I once read that to stop a panic attack, you need to hold your breath. So when I kissed you, you held your breath.' Jack said while rubbing his thumb softly on my left cheek, wiping away the last of my tears and staring into my eyes.

'Oh, did I?' I whispered, still out of breath. 'Yeah, and you do you know what, so did I' Jack said while nodding his head and slightly smiling at me.

His smile was more than enough to make me smile to and you guessed it when I smiled, his turned into a wide grin.

Just by talking to Jack about what had happened, has made me feel like that heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wasn't as upset about it any more and I don't feel the pain that has been with me for all these years. Jack has made the pain disappear. That one tiny act not only calmed me but it also saved me.

Maybe Jack can help me rediscover my long lost abilities? He controls an element, just like me. All this time I thought I was a freak of nature. That I didn't belong in this world and I could never have friends or love anyone because of it.

Jack, he's the same as me. Even though I'm still mortal, I can't wait to spent every second of my life with him. I can't wait for him to teach me how you use the ice elements of my powers. I love him and owe him my life. So it's my life I'm will repay him with. It's his to keep.

I had not given any thought to it, but Jack and I had found ourselves staring deep into each others eyes. The smiles still on our faces.

'You kissed me.' I stated in an almost chuckling voice. 'Yes I did.' He replied confidently.

'I hope you don't mind.... But I would really like to do it again, but for a bit longer this time. Please?' Jack asked sweetly while I raised an eyebrow at him.

'How could I refuse when you asked so nicely.' I said as the gap between us began to close.

We tilted our faces and our lips met, but didn't touch. We were hovering just millimetres away from each other. Taking in a breath I closed my eyes and slowly leaned forwards, making our lips finally touch.

For a moment in time, nothing mattered and everything stopped as we pressed our lips together. The tin roof where Jack's feet were resting instantly froze over and a soft cool breeze danced around the both of us. The bright moon happily watching us from it's place high in the star filled sky.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck, making the kiss deepen. I could feel one of Jack's hands as it caressed my neck, slowing sliding up to my flushed cheek. His hand was cold at first, until it made its way to my cheek. After that all I felt was the intense warmth radiating off my skin. Jack's other had was gently rubbing my back, pulling me in for a tighter embrace.

I felt him slightly smile against my lips and it sent a cold shiver down my spine. The sensation was absolutely amazing. It gave me goosebumps and for the amount of passion that was being used in this kiss, I'm sure he had them too.

I'm not sure how long we had our lips locked together but it would have been at fairly long time. When we did eventually pull away from each other, we were both breathless.