Chapter 24

(Bunny's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

I was running.

Running as fast as I could, but yet it still didn't feel like I was going fast enough.

'I have to warn them! I have to warn them!' I chanted to myself while sprinting through my neverending tunnel.

Moments ago I found a group of Nightmares inside of my Warren! How the hell did they get in?! It's completely sealed off from the outside world, there is no way they could have gotten in... Unless... Someone didn't seal up one of my manual managed tunnels properly! Aggh! I bet it was Jack!

They attacked me but this time they were a lot smarter and knew how to dodge my attacks. These nightmares were different to the one's that we fought two years ago. These ones are stronger and seem to have strange metal armour protecting them from harm.

My boomerangs and egg bombs were useless to the point that the only other thing I could do is run.

So, I'm running, as fast as I can towards the North Pole. I have to warn them about the Nightmares. Pitch was obviously using me to test out his new pet soldiers and I'm already starting to worry about how we are meant to destroy these new smarter and stronger nightmares.

We have to get Romanna to a safe place and make sure Pitch can't find her. She's the most important player on Manny's theoretical chess board.

Finally reaching the end of my tunnel, I quickly jumped out and sprinted towards the globe room.

'North! North!' I yelled out while frantically scanning the room filled with yeti and elves.

'Bunnymund? Dear friend what is matter?' North questioned while walking over to me.

'It's Pitch! He's finally makin his move and is 'bout to attack! He's got new more powerful nightmares that attacked me in the Warren. I couldn't kill a single one! They're bad news North! We need to get Romanna somewhere safe.' I explained quickly.

North didn't have to answer because he immediately knew what to do. He ran to the globe's control panel and pulled down a large leaver. The northern lights immediately appeared on the large globe in front of us, summoning all of the Guardians to the North Pole.

A few minutes later Sandy appeared, but he wasn't looking too good. His golden sand suit was covered in little specks of black sand. He quickly dusted himself off and shot golden images at lightning speed towards us.

'Sandy, mate, slow down!' I said confused.

'Wait are you telling us that Pitch is in Burgess and Jack is fighting him ALONE!' North yelled at the top of his lungs.

'Bunny, Sandy to the sleigh!' North ordered.

We all ran through the workshop and quickly jumped into the sleigh. 'Wait, what about Tooth?!' I suddenly asked as North launched the sleigh into the ice tunnels at high speed.

|

|

|

|

|

(Tooth's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'You know having sugar in your tea is not only bad for your teeth, but it's also bad for your health.' I casually comment while rolling my eyes. It's a neverending battle and I see no point to begging him to stop when I know he won't.