Ch. 3

Caged Bird
- Chapter Three-
• MORGAN •

I love my brother and my best friend, and as much as I adore the thought of them together...seeing them being all lovey dovey tugged on a jealous cord inside of me I didn't even know I had.

This was new for me.

I'd never been jealous of any mate couplings before.

Quite the opposite really as I've always been so drawn in and damn near worshipped the romantic notion of the mates pull and the mates bond...practically drooling over the newly founds mates.

But having my own mate and now finding myself away from him... it seems my wolf and I weren't too keen on the cuteness if it wasn't our own with our mate.

Thomas Cage

I couldn't stop the smile from filling my face.

"Alright, enough of that for now." I said as they went in for another kiss, They stopped mid kiss and Zoe pouted.

'Sorry Zo.'

I'd only Just stopped texting Tommy and already I felt like I needed to talk with him again.

"Hey Mo, thanks for helping Ryder get his stuff."

I tried not to think about Tommy and how I would not have gotten to meet him if I hadn't asked Ryder to join him. Of course I failed horribly and now felt the blush that'd be staining my cheeks, maybe they'd see my blush as me being humble or something...doubtful. "It was nothing...uh, can I talk to you?" I asked Zoe.

I knew my bestie probably missed her man, hell we'd barely left Everest grove and I'd been texting Tommy the whole way back and I already miss him, so I can't imagine how Zoe would feel waking up and finding Ryder gone suddenly.

Ryder gave her a sweet urging to join me, insisting that he'd get Trace to help him. Of course he had to kiss her once again, I couldn't fault them though...they really are too cute together and his sweet kiss for her was atop her head so..I'll give him credit for not just being a horndog toward my friend.

I couldn't help myself and indulge in my thoughts.

I bet Tommy gives sweet kisses too. He seems like a sweet sort of guy. I pulled out my phone really quick and text him another pet name option.

[Morgan: Sweetie Pie?]

I held back my giggle, I'm almost certain any guy wouldn't want to be called sweetie pie.

"So..." Zoe asked and I could see the excitement in her eyes, the remnants of my brothers effect on her and her wolf. "You wanted to talk?"

I nodded and quickly put my phone back into my back pocket, not wanting to get sidetracked by any answering texts from a Tommy or I'd gladly get lost in an hour long text convo, "Yeah...let's go up to the library."

At this the excitement in her eyes faded to something more serious now. I knew why of course.

The Library

I'd unofficially invoked our most sacred vow of silence by mentioning the library...we both knew that if either of us needed to tell the other something extraordinarily important, and without judgment then we'd go to the library.

Now the library is both physical and metaphorical...physical as it is a literal library in the pack house, but metaphorical because just like a real library, all of our wildest stories and most fantasy filled hopes and dreams were housed here, lingering on whispers of old.