Ch. 12

-Frank's Fate-
Ch. 12: The Pull

In the days that passed things seemed to move pretty quick.

Ivy seemed to become a staple in my day. Whether I was having lunch or dinner with her she was always there now.

I'd wake up and either text her good morning and arrange plans for the day with her, or find she'd text me good morning with a plan already laid out for us.

Work seemed to be easy too as we were able to pull through and get a new deal open, so even though I was away from my office in Cali I was able to go into the office here in town.

And if I timed my take off right I'd catch Ivy walking into her office for the day. I'd honk, she'd smile and wave and when I'd make it to the office. I'd usually find a text from her saying have a good day or how she couldn't wait to see me later for lunch or dinner.

It was nothing big...but it somehow made my day just that much better.

I'd also see my sister a lot now too...so on the nights I didn't have dinner with Ivy I'd have dinner over at Mariah and Pat's place.

Today was no different, I was on the verge of a huge acquisition at work that would bring a ton of business to the company and hopefully push me toward the raise I've been wanting...and if all goes well, more than just a raise...a promotion

I hadn't had lunch with Ivy because she too was in a big meeting with a client and although she'd texted me that morning to let me know what was going on I hadn't talked to her since. Funnily enough Braxton reached out to me, he informed me he'd asked my sister for my number and then invited me to dinner at the "pack house" to which he'd given me directions.

I had felt off about going as I didn't really know the guy but he assure me that my sister and Pat would be there along with some other family members...of course my mind immediately thought of Elise and her husband.

I shook my head, I hadn't want to cause any drama between them and I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable but I also knew I couldn't turn this guys dinner request down...I mean I was staying in the guys lake house for free.

So I agreed.

_____

When work wrapped up I put the address into my cellphone and took off to the pack house. The place was a fucking palace.

I parked the rental and fixed my suit before letting myself in.

Patrick's step sister kindly greeted me and showed me to the others. I hugged my sister and Pat before I shook Braxton and Harpers hand and thanked them for having me over. Braxton offered me a beer to which I accepted to help take the edge of tonight off.

But before I could join into any of the conversations I got a call. I excused myself and made my way outside to take the call.

"You just saved me."I smiled.

"Glad to hear it." Ivy laughed lightly. "Are you still at work?"

"No...I was invited to dinner over at the pack house...any chance you can stop by?" I said in an attempt to be playful but even I could hear my own sincerity in the words...truth was, I knew I would be more comfortable having her here.

"I wish I could Hot Shot..."

I smiled at her silly nickname for me, She'd taken to calling me Hot Shot every since the first day...it only stuck once I told her about my job and my aspirations for growing in the company...to which I've grown use to teasingly calling her bright eyes since her eyes always seem to burn such a vibrant shade of pure green.