Ch. 9

Yvonne's Story
Blood Bound
Chapter Nine: Hemato Bond

{ Maddox }

Once the truck was packed with everything Yvonne had said she wanted, and two final walkthroughs just to make sure we didn't miss anything...

I stayed down out by the truck, My wolf and I hated being in that house longer than we had to be, knowing it was their house, knowing he'd given all of this up to be with some random female who probably didn't hold a candle to Yvonne in any way.

Thinking about her stuck here, isolated from her friends and family because of him.

'She's coming home with us.'

I nodded as I she finally made her way to the truck, "Ready?" I asked as I got the passenger door for her.

She silently nodded and got in.

I hated to see her hurting over this loss, but knew I had to let her handle this in her own way. I drove on before I couldn't help but look over at her.

She was wound up, something was bothering her and I reached over and grabbed her hand.

Her shoulders eased themselves down and she offered me a small smile. "I'm okay...I promise." She said before I could even ask if she was alright.

...

"Do you need to stop, get some snacks, use the restroom or anything?" I asked as we'd been driving for a couple of hours already.

She shook her head, "I just want to get back to the pack...I just really need a run to clear my head."

I understood...she wanted to be alone.

I picked her hand up to my mouth and kissed the back of it, "Alright Rosie...try and rest some, it's been a long day."

She nodded and then kicked off her shoes as she tried to get more comfortable.

I lowered the music and kicked up the heat, since it was cold outside and this truck offered little to no insulation from the cold air seeping through the old doors.

"Can we go to the pack house when we get back to town, I do want a run, but I also want to talk to you and Trace together."

"Of course." I said, my mind already swarming with thoughts of what she could want to talk to the both of us about.

'Maybe she wants to tell Trace about us, and needs us there for moral support.' My wolf offered.

'Maybe,'

'What if she's asking for permission for a divorce?' He asked.

'Our Rosie doesn't take permission from anyone...and when she decides she needs legal representation for a divorce...I'll have those documents drafted so damn quick.'

'What if she wants to talk about rejecting that dumb fuck?'

I smirked, 'I hope so...or what if she's accepting my offer to move into our new house with us, and she could be telling Trace to keep him in the loop and not catch him off guard.'

'What if it's bad?' He said with full sadness now, 'What if she's having doubts about coming back, regrets about leaving her home.'

'No...That was a house not a home.' I argued. 'She wouldn't have regrets about that.'

After that I felt just like Yvonne and all I wanted right now was to get to the pack house so we could talk.

_____