Memories Pt-7

Yvonne's Story
Blood Bound
Memories Part Seven

{ Maddox 17 Years Old }

I looked around and made sure coach wasn't watching me before I snuck out of the locker room during his "pep talk" and made my down the tunnel.

"Dude what the hell are you doing?" Max asked as he jogged over to me.

"Keep it down." I whispered.

"You're already on thin ice with coach, if he finds out you skipped out of the locker room he'll-..."

"What, bench me for the next game?" I asked condescendingly. "I'm already benched for the next two games."

"Maybe you should think about a new hobby instead of fighting every guy in school...plus you still get to wear your jersey."

He was right...While I was permitted to "dress out" with the rest of the team...after getting into my second fight this week the principle felt that I didn't benefit from another suspension, so the old asshole benched me for 3 games.

But I'd fight every motherfucker in this entire pack if I had to, to make sure no one said a bad thing, flirted, or dared to even touch my girl.

And that prick Corey Rayne needed to be taught a lesson that when My Rose says she's not interested...she is not fucking interested and he should keep his filthy hands to himself.

"Corey's lucky he the fight left walking." I added.

"Dude you broke his fucking arm!" Max angrily whispered.

I smirked. "Should've broken the other one too."

I made it to the entrance of the tunnel just in time to see Yvonne and a few others ushering out the younger girls to perform for the crowd before the game.

"Don't tell me you're risking getting in trouble again, just so you can check out my sister?"

I looked at him and shook my head. "Sorry bro, Morgan's a little young for me."

He deadpanned and shook his head. "You know I meant Yvonne."

I did in fact look at Yvonne, My Rose was all smiles as she aided the nervous younger girls in their routine. "She's gonna be an amazing mom one day." I said looking back at my friend for his agreement.

He simply rolled his eyes.

I shook my head and turned my attention back to My Rose.

The little girls did two more cheers and a dance to some Disney song and then the crowd clapped and cheered for them as Yvonne and her helpers ushered them off to their parents before making their way over to us.

"Hey Max." One of the girls said. Before they both started talking to him

Perfect for me since it distracted him enough to give me time to talk to my girl.

"Hey gorgeous." I said

Yvonne blushed.

I wanted to reach out and caress her blushing cheek, kiss her, hug her...anything, but knew I couldn't, not in front of her brother...we needed to just tell him already.

"Hey Dynamite, I see they let you wear your jersey."

"I see you're still wearing my jersey number." I pointed out. "And not your brothers."

It's tradition for our cheerleaders to pin the numbers of their chosen player (usually their boyfriend) to show their support and love for that player.

She smiled. "Too many girls wanted Max's number...plus..." She stepped in closer and dropped her voice to a whisper. "I called dibs on this number."

I smiled down at her, goddess how this woman gets my blood pumping.

"And no one would dare challenge the cheer captain in training."

She rolled her eyes. "Fingers crossed, tryouts are this weekend and technically I'm a year younger than almost all the other girls trying out."

"That's a leg up, if they pick you...and they'd be idiots not to...for one, you're amazing and everyone knows it, but for two with you being younger, then they wouldn't have to keep replacing captains so often... and since the team would know you weren't gonna graduate at the end of the year, it would be beneficial by allowing the team to actually have time to build a relationship with you as the captain."

She smirked. "Could you tell them that?"

"I'd give you the world if I could, but...it'll look better coming from you Rosie." I said with complete honesty...there isn't anything I wouldn't do for this girl. "Plus you single handedly started the middle school tutoring program and the little girls cheer team."

"That's just because I like kids."

"That's an under statement...you LOVE kids, speaking of have you talked with your dad about wanting to become a pediatrician?"

"You know my dad, he's always busy."

I shrugged. "You know he won't care how much school is, he'll pay."

"Just in case...I'm taking every babysitting job I can get."

I smiled. "Don't stress My Rose, you've still got two years before you graduate."

"Hey we should probably get going." Niomi (one of the girls who distracted Max for us) said. "We were suppose to help the girls and then get back to the team for the guys tunnel run."

"See you later?" I whispered, knowing Yvonne would be babysitting tonight.

"If you can pull yourself away from the inevitable party at the old warehouse."

I hated the parties, mostly because I've never been one for big crowds and partially because Yvonne never went to them. I only nodded my agreement, leaving the party early for her was hardly a hindrance.

"Good luck Max." Yvonne said before she and the other two girls left.

Max rejoined me and gave me a look.

"What?" I asked.

"Come on man..."

The way he said it, he didn't mean "let's go." Max wanted me to confess...Did he overhear Yvonne and I...doubt it, Niomi and Sasha were loud as hell and could talk anyone's ear off.

"What?" I asked again.

"Dude...you know 'what'...You and Yvonne?"

"Yeah...I was asking your sister why she was wearing my number if I wasn't even gonna play today."

He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I mean you're her twin and she didn't pick your number, sorry but even she knows I'm the better player bro." I teased a little to try and lighten his suddenly serious mood.

"Laurie's got my number tonight."

"Dude a Senior...nice." I said.

He rolled his eyes once more. "Whatever, let's go."

This was my window...I could just tell him.

I mean it's clear as day that he's piecing it all together, he definitely knows something is up with Yvonne and I, I'm not exactly subtle with my flirting around him...but I've always kept my hands to myself around any of her family...well, except for hugs when she sees me and when I'm leaving, but I mean...she hugs everyone and I give Morgan and Zoe hugs too when I see them.

I looked over at my best friend.

I wanted to tell him.

But the fact is this secret wasn't just mine to share...I had to talk with Yvonne and try and convince her that we needed to tell Max.

But if I know My Rosie...she's not going to budge on telling anyone, she sees her brother as a suck up when it comes to their dad and she's afraid if Max ever found out, he'd run and tell their dad...and he'd for sure find a way to put an end to our relationship and keep Yvonne and I apart.

I sighed. I knew Max wouldn't hurt us like that, but as much as I wanted to tell my best friend about Yvonne and I, I couldn't break her trust.