Ch. 13

The Beta's Mate
Ch. Thirteen: The Truth
-Zoe-

My mom was more than happy to take me to buy my books, and refused to let me pay at all.

"Please...why do you think I've worked so hard your whole life, I've always put half of every check of mine into a college savings account for you...I knew things would be tight for us, but I also knew you needed to go to school...it wouldn't be cheap, and I knew I couldn't count on your dad...-"

"Mom...thank you, for everything you've ever done for me."

She simply smiled, "Thank you...for being the best thing in my life."

She paid and we left, deciding to just head on back to the house so I wouldn't mess the books up.

"You hungry?" She asked as she moved about the kitchen grabbing herself some goldfish crackers.

"No thanks, I had lunch already...but mom there's something I need to tell you."

She nervously walked out of the kitchen, "Yeah?"

"Well, as you know Ryder and I are mates, and he's the Beta...so uh, well obviously he can't live at the pack house forever so he got a house...and uh, well as his mate, he's asked me to move in with him and I sort of told him I would."

"Sort of?" She wondered.

I shook my head and sighed, collecting my nerves and just coming right out with it."Sorry I didn't mean that, I meant that I have agreed to move in with him...he's actually gone back to his previous pack to pick up all of his belongings to begin moving in."

"And you want to do this?" She asked.

I nodded, "I do...I love him."

She smiled, "Then I can hardly stop you baby...you are grown, and you're so incredibly smart, plus Ryder is a good man from what I can tell..."

"He really is mom." I smiled now. "He even got us a house close to the campus too so he knows I won't have such a big commute to and from the school on days he can't be there."

She nodded, "I'll get you a car."

I immediately tried to protest as I knew how expensive cars really are, "Mom...-"

"All that money I saved...and the fates made a way for you to go to the college of your choice completely paid for...let me do this for you."

I was touched. I nodded and she hugged me."I love you more than you will ever know Zoe."

_____

Giddiness couldn't even describe how I felt upon seeing my mate after being away from him, what felt like all day.

Of course when I woke up I felt horrible for even falling asleep while Ryder showered.

So when he called and told me he was already headed back to the pack house, I grabbed my overnight bag as I had planned to obviously stay with Ryder and took off.

I knew I'd be moving in with him soon, hell, maybe tomorrow even...but tonight I just wanted to be back with him already.

"Hey" I sounded almost dreamily as I watched him get off of the moving truck

"Hey yourself sleeping beauty."

I blushed but he reached me and pulled me into his arms before he kissed me.

"Alright, enough of that for now." Morgan said as she too got out of the moving truck.

"Hey Mo, thanks for helping Ryder get his stuff."