Ch.9

Frank's Fate
Ch. 9: You Know
{ Ivy }

"Trust me Frank...We've all got our own share of crazy." I said as I nervously sat in front of him...my mate.

Of course my wolf had felt Frank's presence as he walked through town yesterday and was more than overjoyed at our spending the evening with him last night and again tonight.

And while my Wolf was all for us jumping in and smothering our new found mate with our love...being me...the realist of the duo...I know that Frank needs to know the truth about me, and in extension...us.

I also knew it was too soon.

Frank is a normal human, and there's no way I'd be able to even begin to explain the supernatural aspects of my being without pushing him away from me forever.

I mean I could try and break things down generically and come off as scientifically as possible...but at the end of it all, I'd still be telling him that I am a werewolf.

Something that is only suppose to be that of make believe and fantasy.

Of course that's only a portion of my worries right now...my other worry is the fact that he's ONLY in town because of his sister, meaning he does not live here and therefore has no foreseeable plan to stay here.

Of course I'd find my mate in a man not from these lands right when I agreed to take on the lead role for my Father's company officially.

That of course means my traveling would lessen and I would begin to make a "real life" here in town, according to my father.

I watched as he picked at the pizza's crust, not really eating the food, mostly moving it about to give himself something to do.

'He's nervous'

I nodded ever so slightly in agreement.

'Say something.'

At this I shook my head a little, I could tell he had a lot on his mind and my pushing could make him clam up even more.

"...Are you religious at all Ivy?"

It was an odd question but I answered him honestly. "Not in the traditional sense."

He nodded, "so you don't believe that there's gods or things like that?"

"I believe in higher beings." I said as I thought about the moon goddess.

"Strange question...but do you believe in...other forms of beings?" Frank asked a little cautiously now.

I nodded. "Absolutely...I believe all things are possible until proven impossible."

"What about fairytales?" He asked.

At this I had to think a moment...'does he know about us?' A slight panic began to fill me as my wolf's worries filled my head. But I had to reign it in...I was probably over reacting.

"I think that fairytales are just exaggerated legends...and legends are people's histories...so again, I do as a matter of fact believe that every fairytale we've ever heard of, holds some truth in them."