Ch. 10

Caged Bird
-Chapter Ten-
•TOMMY•

It felt like we spent all last week with Morgan's family and they were actually really nice. But i think I got on best with Maddox or Mads, who was according to my Birdie, "Yvonne's not so secret, secret boyfriend."

This week my boys and I went to paint ball and when I got home I was excited to see my mate. But she was wrapped up in all things bridal as she was basically part of Harpers whole bridal team.

My classes started and soon so would our games, so between practices, classes, family/friends, and a part time job...my wolf was hounding me to carve out some time for just my mate and I.

So that's what I did.

Since I knew we couldn't just cancel classes or practice I grabbed everything I'd need and after both of our practices instead of us hitting the locker rooms I held her back.

"Got a minute?" I asked.

"For you...always." She smiled.

I took her hand in mine and kissed the back of it. Her previous working out on the sidelines of the field had caused her scent to heat up and I was instantly primal for her.

"Where are you whisking me off too?" She asked.

Her adorable smile snapping me out of it.

"I feel like we haven't gotten to spend too much time together lately." I admitted, "So I figured I'd give us a moment to just be us."

She kissed me, "I just know I'll adore it."

And she seemed beyond delighted to find the impromptu picnic set up in the bleachers.

We got to talk but of course time moved all too quickly and as the stars came out I sighed. "I should let you get going."

"How about we clean up and then go back to your room for a while?"

I wanted to point out that we were both sweaty from practice but honestly if she didn't care then I didn't either.

We took our separate cars over to the frat house and I moved to help her out of her car when she arrived just a minute after I did.

"Where is everyone?" She asked as we walked in and the normally loud house was dead silent.

I shrugged, "Probably a mixer or kegger or something." I said as we made our way up the stairs.

Once in the room she kicked off her sneakers and groaned. "I feel disgusting."

I kissed her, "You're not, but I told you I should let you go."

"I just really want a shower." She said.

'Let her use our...give her our clothes...we can shower together.'

'We can't.' I thought back.

'Why, we're actually absolutely alone for once...ever, our mate is ready for us, I'm ready for her...you are too, you just keep pushing her advances away.'

I wanted to argue that I wasn't doing that but I knew he was right.

"Fuck it." I said.

"What?" she smiled.

"Let's go take a shower."

She blushed but nodded enthusiastically.

As we entered the bathroom I turned on the shower and pulled off my shirt before I moved to kiss her.