Ch. 14

-Frank's Fate-
Ch. 14: Promotion

That night I made dinner for Ivy and Mariah and as I cooked the girls talked and got to know a little more about each other, and they were nice enough to sit in the kitchen while I cooked so that I could hear them as well.

I had learned that her mother passed when she was 19, She's worked for her family's law firm since she was thirteen where she was the receptionist and much more.

We all ate and as Mariah got up to leave so did Ivy.

My sister wished us goodnight first but I knew Ivy needed to go to get some rest before she had to return to work tomorrow.

"Let me help you with the dishes before I take off." She offered as she helped me clear the table.

"Eh don't bother...I'll end up doing them before I go to bed." I told her before I placed the plates into the sink. She copied my actions with the cups and then I turned to face here now.

I took the liberty of pulling her in for a hug and she just let her body press against mine, I felt as she nuzzled her face into my neck and I smiled.

We stood there in each others arms for a moment before I sounded off on my true feelings. "I missed you." I admitted wholeheartedly as I placed a small kiss onto the side of her head as she was still comfortably resting her head against my shoulder.

"You?" She asked playfully, still hugging me but now looking up at me, a beautiful smile on full display. "Try having a wolf whining to go back to our mate."

I smiled at her and couldn't help myself as I dipped my head down and touched her lips with mine.

I didn't know how she would react as it was completely unprompted. But instead of pulling away she actually deepened the kiss and drew me in closer as her hands came up and her fingers caressed the back of my head.

Of course I've kissed other women before...but kissing Ivy was exhilarating.

I felt like a I couldn't get enough, and honestly I could have stood there all night kissing her but she finally pulled away.

I could feel that she was worried we'd gotten carried away.

"Ugh you're terrible kisser." I teased to lighten the mood.

"Well you'll have to show me how it's done properly next time." She played back.

"Next time huh?"

She shrugged, "Well as fun as staying and making out with you sounds...I have to shower and get to bed." She said, "...but, since you made dinner tonight...maybe I can make dinner tomorrow night, and maybe you might like to have a little sleep over with me, back at my place?"

"That's hardly even a question Bright Eyes."

"Great...well I've got to get going if I plan on seeing you tomorrow."

I nodded and walked her out, "Oh...I got you these." I admitted almost embarrassed now.

She took the flowers from me and smiled. "Peonies...why these if you don't mind me asking."

I shrugged and rubbed the back of my neck, "I don't know...I honestly hadn't even planned on stopping at a florist shop but I was thinking about you and then found myself walking in...I really didn't know what kind of flowers you would like but I had walked passed these a few times and something about them just made me get them in the end." I admitted.

She only smiled on.

"What?" I asked now smiling myself.

"My mom use to call me her little flower because apparently my scent is floral based...more specifically...peonies."