Ch. 2

-Frank's Fate-
Ch. 2: Bro

I talked with both Mariah and Patrick in the days leading up to My taking off back to town for the gender reveal party.

"Hey you know you can stay with us when you come down, we've got plenty of room and Mariah just finished getting the guest room done." Patrick offered via facetime.

"Nah, I'm good with a hotel room."

"Bro you're family, just crash with us, you'll only be here a couple of weeks, no need to waste money." He insisted.

"Hey speaking of family." I said in an attempt to get the conversation off of me, "you two are having the baby...any plans on a wedding anytime soon?"

At this he sighed, "dude, as much as I'd love to...you know you're sister man, she's all about this whole 'doing things because we want to not because we're expected to'...I can't get her to see that this is something that I want and you know, I mean...I'd hope she wanted it too... you think she might not want to get married?"

I picked up on his instant panic.

"Hey man relax, Ry's like that...doing shit her own way...always has been to be honest with you, and I'm more than sure she'd marry you if you asked her but I'm also pretty sure she wouldn't want to be a pregnant bride so I'd definitely wait until after the baby."

"I know what you mean...man I still can't believe the baby will be here soon, time really has passed by fast." he chuckled a little now.

"You're telling me, I feel like my sister just told me she was with you but here we are, and before you know it you're going to be a new Dad."

"Shit's crazy dude." Patrick sighed, "but I couldn't be happier."

"And I'm happy for you two, of course I mentioned that last time and my sister gets all emotional on me, and starts talking about how I need to find somebody...settle down."

"Hey speaking of." He threw in. "I'm pretty sure Mariah is going to want to sit down with you at some point."

"Everything okay?" I asked worried there might be something wrong with her and the baby.

He nodded, honestly I think she just wants to discuss some family stuff."

"Family stuff?" I wondered.

He shrugged, "Hey it's just what I heard her and Harper talking about, I'm just the eyes and ears bro, but you know how your sister is especially right now, so please just humor her."

Mariah had always been so damn stubborn...no doubt this was her trying to bring up me moving back to the same small town she'd grown up in again, "Yeah...we'll see."

"Anyways I'll let you go, think about staying with us and we'll see you soon man."

"Alright bro, check ya later." I sounded before I hung up. I pulled out my laptop and knew I need to quit putting off purchasing my plane tickets.

__________

"Is it bad to say that I genuinely don't want to be here?" I sighed.

When the time finally arrived I flew out and made it back to town midday when I thought I wouldn't run into Elise, I had called Patrick to pick me up from the airport too so I wouldn't disturb my sister as she more than likely had an appointment or party stuff.

"You Don't want to be at your sister's gender reveal?" Patrick asked with a little more attitude than normal as he drove us through the town.

I rolled my eyes, "You know that's not what I mean...I meant here as in, back in this town...as in it feels like no matter what I do I just somehow find myself back in the same place around the same people...no offense." I added in an attempt to not get my head chewed off.