Ch. 7

Red Hot
Ch. Seven: Stay With Me

{TRACE}

I looked over at her, I wished she'd scoot closer to me, I wish I could just reach out and grab her hand without it turning into something more (at least for the time being).

And even though we'd danced the night away, I couldn't get her to even look at me now.

There was a thick silence brewing between us as it was obvious both of us wanted to say or do something, yet neither of us knew how to respond first.

"So..." she said finally breaking the silence. "You have a beautiful pack from what I can tell." She said as she remained looking out the window.

"Thank you." I replied hurt now.

It hurt to know she wouldn't look at me, and her earlier statement had hurt more, to hear that she didn't know what I wanted...of course it's her...she's all I could ever want now.

Can't she see how much her sheer presence tortures me...only because I can't yet give into the urges...the last thing I'd want to do is make her feel like I ONLY want her for sex.

"Can I ask you something?" She questioned as she finally looked at me.

"Of course."

"So...I mean without flat out saying it...H sorta implied that being an Alpha's mate means we can pretty much do whatever we want."

I held back a smirk as I wondered what it is she could be wanting that would require her being an Alpha's mate.

"Essentially...as an Alpha my pack members look to me for leadership and guidance, and with that role comes a sort of power of you will, it allows me to guide and maintain my pack peacefully...if I give an order my pack members will do as they're ordered... and as my mate you are immediately seen as my equal and my pack will follow you just as they follow me and my order...now that's a big thing because with that power you've got to understand you can order them to do anything."

I paused a moment so she'd think about that a moment.

"Honestly if someone is upsetting you and you make the offhand comment 'oh go jump off a cliff" guess what that person is going to do now...so you've got to be careful, and obviously you shouldn't abuse your power over pack members...but back to your question Red, yes an Alphas mate can basically do whatever she wants." I tried to explain with a little hint or warning.

"Even order around an Alpha?"

Now I was intrigued.

"Typically a Luna doesn't have to order around her Alpha since Alpha's tend to try and do anything to appease their Luna's." I admitted.

"'Appease their Luna...smart Alphas." She smiled.

"Well you know what they say...Happy wife, happy life."

"We aren't married." She quipped smartly...a small smirk playing on her lips.

"We're more than married, we're mates." I said finally mustering enough gall to just grab her hand.

It's funny...as an Alpha I'm sort of inclined to take what I want: allies, pack lands, pack members...but when it comes to my mate... it's like I'm a scarred little boy, nervous to go on my first date again.

"And we're here." I said.

Of course the drive wasn't long, and as we pulled up to the building the car slowed.

"Wow." She said impressed.

"I'm glad you seem to like it." I said smiling now as she'd looked over at me to make sure were in the right place. "I'd only want to offer our most cherished guest only the best." I smiled.