Ch. 6

-Frank's Fate-
Ch. 6- Fucking Fairy Tales

I woke up the next morning and immediately grabbed my phone. Of course there wasn't anything from Ivy (still).

I got up and went about my morning routine by washing my face and brushing my teeth before I got dressed for the day. I grabbed my laptop and checked my emails from work, because even though I'm away from the office at the moment that doesn't mean my work stops.

A little while later I finally got a text from my sister announcing they were all on their way.

I felt like an asshole, I should have went out to grab something for them. But as Mariah walked in I noticed Patrick had his arms full of bags.

"Can I help?" I asked.

"There"s more in the backseat." he told me before walking past me, I went out to the car and grabbed two boxes of pastries. "Your sister shops like we're feeding the whole fucking town." Patrick said as he went to grab the orange juice bottles.

I nodded "She said it'd just be us and your cousin Braxton."

"Yeah and his fiancée Harper."

"Yeah...but this is a bit much to say the least." I said.

"The very least." He agreed and we went inside to find Mariah already setting out the food almost buffet style.

She smiled at us as we put the rest of the food down. "Got enough food Ry?"

She rolled her eyes, "I wanted make sure there was enough for all of us."

"There's only 5 of us." I pointed out and then noticed the time, "And it's also almost 1 in the AFTERNOON."

She waved her hand in the air as if to brush my words away "Anytime's a good time for pastries Frank."

I knew it must've been a craving of hers and I left it alone. Shortly after Patricks cousin and his fiancée arrived and they too also brought food with them.

"We can take it back to the community house if it isn't eaten." Harper offered sweetly.

"Community house?" I asked.

"Oh it's a house in town where people who need a place to stay can go, they can stay there for free for however long they need...there's always food there for them and even people to help them get jobs or into school if they're looking for any of those things." Braxton said

"So like a shelter?" I asked.

"Essentially." Braxton replied.

We all sat down for the late brunch and we talked a little.

Braxton told me more about their community and I was glad to learn that my sister and Patrick seemed to be a big part of it.

As we all started finishing up Mariah turned to me and I suddenly felt like I was in some sort of intervention.

"So I really need to tell you something and I know it's going to sound crazy as hell but I need you to hear me out." Mariah said.

I looked at my sister and didn't know what to say.

"Okay." I sounded skeptically

"Maybe we should talk about this outside?" Patrick offered.

I shrugged, "Whatever works."

I still didn't exactly have any idea what in the hell they were talking about but if going outside made them start talking then I'd go...to be honest I wanted to get this over and done with so I could actually get some of my work done before Ivy shows up...if Ivy shows up.