Ch. 15

Yvonne's Story
Blood Bound
Chapter Fifteen: Scent (part 2)

{ Yvonne }

The next morning I stopped and had a quick brunch with Zoe and Val.

"Weird question." I said, still lingering on what Maddox brought up yesterday. I looked to Zoe and asked, "But...do I smell different to you?"

Val leaned in closer and shook her head, but I knew she was dormant so while I appreciated the gesture I was really only asking Zoe.

Zoe closed her eyes and leaned in ever so slightly, "no different than usual."

"What does she smell like?" Val asked.

"Like roses." I said, "It's why my mother gave me Rose as a middle name."

Zoe nodded, "Yeah Yvonne's scent is mostly rose based with a slight warmth to it...but the warmth is a Were trait... it develops into our base scents after our shift when our wolves are awakened...It's what we (Weres) use to distinguish if someone is a Were or not, we essentially sniff out the warmth...but the waters get a little murky when it comes to Dormants, as Dormants have a scent but it's lighter and without a warmth."

"The warmth is a different scent for everyone too, based on familial lines" I added, "Some peoples warmth smells more like cinnamon, some like pepper...my family's bloodline has a fiery sort of smell, it's hard to explain...But Maddox has a nice smoky scent."

"Ooh what do I smell like?" Valerie asked.

I smiled, "Like Zoe mentioned you are a Dormant, so your scent is light...I'm assuming if your wolf awakens your scent will not only warm but also strengthen...as for now it's a light coastal scent."

She frowned, "Your scent is romantic and I get to smell like the freaking shore."

I laughed. "Val you are something else...no, your scent is nice and comforting...plus together you and Trace would smell like a beach bonfire."

She beamed after that.

"What brought this on anyways?" Zoe asked as she ate her scone.

"Oh...Maddox said my scent was different...no, that it was off."

"I didn't know scents could change." Valerie put in as she pushed her eggs around.

Zoe shrugged, "Various occurrences can cause our scents to alter slightly...our heat, arousal, babies, markings, and terminal illness...but You Vonnie, you smell the same to me."

I smiled and nodded, "thanks, I don't know, every since Maddox said that I've been worried ya know?"

"I get it...and don't forget, Mads is your Bonded and you two are freshly marked, so of course he'd be most familiar with your scent...-"

"Intimately." Val put in with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

I laughed a little and stood up from the table. "thanks ladies, but I gotta run."

The girls looked at me a little curiously at my sudden need to leave.

"Got a hot date?" Val asked.

I moved to hug her, "With a medical bed and stirrups."

"So a really hot date." She giggled as she drank her tea.

"Doctor's appointment." I corrected as I held back my own laugh and hugged Zoe bye too.

"Everything good?" Zoe asked.

"OBGYN," I said to her as if it was no big deal.

But it was a big deal, I hadn't told the girls I was getting my birth control removed. I didn't want any speculating or pressure so I was keeping it to myself for now.