Ch. 20

Yvonne's Story

Blood Bound
Chapter Twenty: Epilogue
-Five Years Later-

{ Yvonne }

"Twins?!" Trace said in near astonishment.

"Again?" Val added more than a little shocked.

I laughed and nodded. "I had an appointment yesterday, I haven't even told Maddox...I mean I've always been pretty chubby so you guys know I never show right away, but when I started vomiting the other day I just knew."

"First off, gross but secondly...you guys hump more than rabbits." Val said.

I laughed as k simply continued putting the candles on the birthday cake in front of me...to be fair, she wasn't wrong.

"I know, but this is the last time." I said.

Val and Trace looked at each other before my brother spoke up. "You said that last time."

I smiled, "I know, I know...but trust me, even my wolf is in agreement, this is definitely my last time."

"Well yeah, girl you and Mads have just been poppin em out, I don't blame your poor wolf for begging for a little rest."

I laughed. "Yeah yeah...just help me with these cakes."

"Tell me again why we needed two cakes?" Trace asked.

I gave him an "are you serious" stare.

"What...one party, one cake." He added.

"You act like you don't know your nieces at all, they'd throw an absolute fit if they had to share a cake, plus their little personalities are like..."

"Night and Day?" Val teased.

I nodded.

My twin girls were special for many reasons, of course they were the first of Maddox and my children, they were also the first in their generation of the Johnson family line, as well as the first set of twins to be born in the pack since Max and I. But everyone else sees them as special because they were born during a particular lunar eclipse and while my girls are technically textbook identical twins, same face and body type, they're also not. Madeline has the darkest, curliest hair and deep stormy blue eyes just like her father, while Maxine has my pale blonde hair, fine and straight with large green eyes like light jade. The doctor had called them Eclipse twins and everyone agrees they look exactly like me, but I'd beg to differ...but it seems only I can see their father in them as well.

"Yes... you know Maddie is as girly as you can get...she's basically Morgan, on steroids." I smiled. "And Maxi, I can't find one pair of pants that girl hasn't gotten stained with grass or dirt...oh and now grease, thanks for that by the way." I said shooting my brother a death glare.

Maxine currently has an obsession with cars, specifically her father's old muscle car that Trace had bought off of him and was currently fixing up.

He laughed. "Don't be mad that she'd rather be rocking coveralls than dresses."

"Oh I'm not, but grease stains are hell to get out...if at all, so I hope you did in fact get her some coveralls as a birthday gift."

We finished up inside, got the cakes,and took them outside where I was immediately hit with the sounds of everyone having a good time with the exception of one tiny little voice that rushed over to me.

"Mommy, Amina won't share."

"I am sharing!" Amina yelled from across the party. "Kat's lying!"

I looked down at my baby. "Katherine why don't you go look for Maddie, and see if she'll play with you instead." I said caressing her precious little face.