Ch. 6

Caged Bird
- Chapter Six -
• MORGAN •

We talked all week.

Texting. FaceTime. Phone calls.

All of it was so natural and easy, it was almost like I'd known Tommy forever. And I mean, yeah...everyone says that about there mates but it really is true I guess. Like you don't feel the need to hold anything back or act any different than your genuine self because well for one they already like you so no need to put on a show to impress them...but more so...it's more than the superficial stuff you know?

I also talked with Luna Harper as she visited the pack to have lunch with Valerie one afternoon. We discussed my visiting her pack and she worked with Valerie, next thing I know I'm going over this weekend.

"Tell me again why you're going for the entire weekend." Trace asked as he watched Zoe and I pack my weekend bags.

My back to him I rolled my eyes, "because I'm over 18 and can go away for a weekend if I want to." I grumbled.

It was starting to grate my nerves the way Trace was going all Alpha on me every since I found my mate.

Zoe gave me a reprimanding look and answered for me. "What your sister means to say is, Luna Harper invited her to the pack this weekend, so she'll take off today to settle in, on Friday morning she'll meet up with Luna Harper for the actual campus tour as well as a tour of the town, Saturday she'll be having brunch with Luna Harper and her girlfriends and then their pack is having a singles mixer."

"But Morgan isn't single." He sighed.

"I do have a mate...but since I'll be staying at the pack house I may as well enjoy the festivities." I said, "plus I'm sure Tommy wouldn't mind meeting me at the party too."

"I'm sure he wouldn't." He countered slightly pissed.

I growled and rounded to face him now. "What's your beef with him?"

He shook his head, "I don't know him to have a beef with him...I'm just not looking forward to the moment you realize that everything you've envisioned about mates is all just a fantasy Mo."

I knew he wasn't finished so I bit my tongue. Last thing I need was to piss him off...sure he'd been grouchy about Tommy, and my weekend away but I didn't want to test the boundaries of his worries by biting back and pushing him too far.

Trace shook his head. "Look having a mate is a beautiful thing and despite whatever you're thinking right now as you're giving me that look..."

I schooled my features better.

He sighed and continued, "despite any jibes or growls I may have let out about your mate...I'm glad you've found him...just please be cautious with your heart Morgan...you're going over there looking through rose colored glasses, and I'm worried that this weekend is going to be a reality check for you, and maybe for Tommy as well and honestly I'm only grouchy because I know we won't be near you to help catch you when you fall."

"It's almost as if you're expecting some difficulties to suddenly arise between Tommy and I."

He looked at me and sighed once more, "there are always difficulties in any relationship despite how new or old it is...and the fact that you don't realize that makes me worry even more."