Memories Pt- 3

Yvonne's Story
Blood Bound
Memories pt. 3

{ Yvonne 17 Years Old }

"Yvonne, you're my mate...I really don't see why you're so hesitant to join me in the Palisades pack?"

I stayed quiet.

Sometimes I think Peter just likes to hear himself speak.

We'd been over this before. "This is my family's pack for centuries, I really don't understand why YOU wouldn't want to stay here with ME..." I said. "Here you are my mate, and if we get married you'll be the son in law of the Alpha, you'd have respect and the pack would look up to you in a sense as you'd be seen as one of the inner members of the Alpha's trusted people...what's in the Palisades?"

"My family." He said flatly as if it should've been obvious.

How could I tell him His family didn't mean as much as mine did without sounding like a complete bitch?

But it was true.

While his family is from an old Alpha bloodline, they've lost their power, all they have is their family name...But my family is still holding strong, in blood, name, and power.

Plus, I love my siblings and can't imagine moving away from them.

I shook my head, "Please put your pride aside, staying here would be good for us."

"As my mate you shouldn't even oppose me on this, as your future husband you should go wherever your husband goes right?"

His words stuck true to the old finishing schools I'd had to attend when I was younger.

They'd taught us just that, we are our Father's until our mate's or a husband came along, then we were there's and we were to be obedient perfect females to show off, keep their homes, and have their children.

But it never sat well with me.

I never liked the idea of "Belonging" to someone.

"Don't you want to stand on your own, separate yourself from being just a Johnson kid...make your own mark out in the world, or do you want to stay here constantly living in the shadow of ghosts?"

His words hit home.

He knew how hard it's been for me to live up to the graceful perfection of my mother, or to live up to who my brother would have been.

"Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to at least see the pack before I oppose it entirely." I said as I began to second guess myself now.

"Plus, we'd have loads of privacy." He added as he trailed the back of his index finger up my bare arm.

The most feather soft tingles arose within me, almost like a tickle more than anything else.

I giggled and he sighed, "The tingles with strengthen as our bond strengthens." He assured me.

"I know." I smiled, "Give it time." I said as I moved away from him to put some distance between us and take a seat on the bench.

He noticed it, but didn't speak on our distance.

"So back to moving packs...I won't write off the palisades, but I also won't move before I graduate."

He smiled, "Only one more year then you'll be done with high school."

"But then I'm going to nursing school." I put in.

He face fell, "I don't think that's necessary."

I shrugged, "It's something that I want to do."