Ch. 18

-Frank's Fate-
Ch. 18: Love?

"Just breath." Ivy sounded sweetly concerned as she reached over and took my hand into hers, but keeping her eyes on the road as we found ourselves on her way to her father's party.

"Everything is wrong." I sounded worried.

"What?!" she asked in her own slight panic now.

"Not you, or us Bright Eyes...no we're good." I said to calm her down. "No...I should be the one driving us over, I should be the one asking you to move in with me."

"Oh..." Now she understood my concerns.

You see after going back to the Lake house and getting ready for the party I decided to tell Ivy that I had officially decided to move here, or rather...stay here.

But of course I couldn't just live in Braxton's lake house...for as nice as the guy is, I'm sure he'd want it back to use at his own leisure.

But after telling Ivy I'd be staying I also turned around and basically told her I had to leave...as My sister had the house ready for me to move into and technically while the two towns are part of the same pack...they are essentially still two different towns.

To which Ivy wasn't too thrilled with.

In turn she had asked me to stay with her, but we both knew her place wasn't going to work. For as oddly quaint as it is, we'd drive each other mad in that little space.

No, we're two big personalities who need space to coincide well with one another...and when I pointed that out to her, she actually agreed with me, stating she just wasn't ready for me to move away. I pointed out that I'd only be the next town over...and I'd be in this town everyday since I work over here and she is here, but she said she needed me close for her wolf.

"I just feel like I'm somehow messing this whole Mate thing up." I admitted as she drove on.

"You're not...I know this is all new to you and you have handled it all so wonderfully and you've been so understanding, and accommodating to me and my wolfy rushed-ness." She smiled, and glanced a look my way.

I lifted her hand to my mouth and delicately kissed the top of her fingers, "Well...I'm quickly finding that when it comes to you...I'd basically do anything you wanted of me." I admitted with a smirk now, "Even that one thing you asked me to do last night. "

I watched as a beautiful blush of scarlet filled her face, and she gasped. "Frank."

"Don't be bashful Bright Eyes... you weren't last night." I reminded her.

She turned and looked at me, Her beautiful jewel toned eyes had turned stormy and  I knew I was affecting her.

"Stop it or my wolf will want to come out." She sounded sadly.

I kissed her hand once more, "I'm sorry...I just love watching your wolf react to me."

'Love'

I'd said it, but I hadn't even meant to...then again, it wasn't as if I was completely trying to avoid saying the word...plus I hadn't said 'I Love You'...but what if I had...did I care...I mean it seems kinda fast that I'd even be thinking like this...I wonder how she feels?

I looked over at her and she seemed completely unfazed, She probably didn't even hear me, or maybe she did and just wasn't thinking too much into it like I seemed to be.

Why am I thinking too much about this?

I dropped it and decided to just hold her hand as we continued on our way.

"So...something we haven't exactly talked about yet...but, well when we get in there, theres going to be a lot of people who've known my dad for a very long time, and by extension...me." She sounded nervously.

But she continued. "They'll notice that you're with me and well...I haven't really told anyone about us except my Alpha and Luna, because it's sorta required by pack members...and a very very close friend and my Dad."

"Did you want to keep a low profile on us?" I asked with uncertainity now.

"Oh...No, not at all...it's just, I know this is all new to you and The last thing I ever want to do is overwhelm you or thrust you into anything you aren't ready for."

I understood now, she and I were on the same boat, we'd both acknowledged we were mates with one another, but were unsure if the other wanted to go public.I tried to come off as casually as possible, "I'm ready to go public with us if you."

She smiled a releived sort of smile now, "I am." And not too soon as were pulling up to a very large house...one very similar to the lake house I'd been staying in.

"Just relax." She said again as valet came over to our doors.

I nodded and hurried out of her car, I fixed my suit and then took her hand in mine. "Is this alright?" I asked of taking her hand, "Not really sure on PDA in front of your Father?"

She smiled softly, "This is perfect, but maybe no kissing in front of him just yet."

"Noted." I nodded as she led us into the house.

Of course various people greeted her and not once did she let get of my hand, as she smiled and cutely introduced me to everyone.

"This is my mate, Frank Van Buren."

I smiled with pride as I got to stand next to her, and finally we'd made our way through the house and out to the backyard where a very larger than life man turned to face us, and for the first time Ivy let go of my hand and I swear I've never felt more alone than in that moment.

I took a deep breath as she and the man hugged and then they both turned their full attention on me, "Dad..."

This was it.

"I' d like to introduce you to My Mate, Frank Van Buren."

He looked me right in the eyes, and although it was intimidating I did my best to stand my ground and match his gaze before I relented and spoke first, "It's a pleasure to meet you sir."

He only continued to look at me before he finally smirked and nodded, "the pleasures mine." He said to me before moving to shake my outstretched hand.