Ch. 20

Frank's Fate
Ch. 20: Practice

(2 Years Later)

"Hey Bright Eyes." I sounded as I enter the house, she usually greeted me as I walked in, but today she didn't. I put my briefcase down and removed my suite jacket before undoing my tie. "Ivy, Babe?" I asked out loud, wondering if she just didn't hear me the first time.

I set my keys in our little bowl on the entry table that also housed various pictures of us with our friends and family.

I pulled my eyebrows together as I noticed the back door was unlocked.

I moved much quicker as I made my way through the living room and out the back doors, I stood on the back deck and looked out. Everything seemed normal but I was worried that I couldn't find Ivy. I cupped my hands and shouted once "Ivy!"

Almost immediately I saw her wolf retreating from the woods.

My heart eased the tension it had been building and I smirked at her wolf, that is until she reached the back steps and then shifted back.

"Hey Hot Shot." She sounded casually as she made her way up the steps and offered me a quick peck before making her way into the house.

I easily followed her, feeling more than aroused at the full display of her gorgeous body.

"I'm going to need more than a small kiss Mrs Van Buren." I smiled playfully.

She turned to face me and her eyes were already stormy with her own arousal. "Is that so?" She asked. "And what would my husband like instead?"

I pretended I had to think about it before I began kissing her again, "I can think of a few things."

But all too soon she was wiggling out of my hold and moving to kiss my cheek, "sorry Hot Shot...we're going to have to rain check whatever you're thinking of right now."

"Why?" I asked completely thrown off. It wasn't like Ivy to turn down my sexual advances.

She suppressed a laugh, "we're expecting company so I actually need to go upstairs and grab a quick shower which you cannot join me in because you'd cause too much of a distraction for me."

I pouted and she kissed me once again, "stop being adorable and answer the door when your sister gets here."

I watched her every step as she made her way upstairs to our restroom.

I sighed as I took a seat but didn't stay down long, as the doorbell rang shortly after.

I got up and just like Ivy said it would be, I greeted my sister warmly.

"There is uncle Frankie's Baby." I said as I happily took my niece from sister.

"Hey Ry." I replied knowing she'd follow us inside.

"Thanks so much for taking her for the weekend...you don't know how much Patrick and I need some time for ourselves...between terrible twos and the wedding planning, my wolf is dying to get out and run."

I suddenly realized my wife had volunteered us to watch our niece to give my sister and Pat a break. And as selfish as I had wanted to be, I also loved how caring my mate is.

"Don't worry about it Ry, you know Ivy and I love Lolly."

"Malory..." She corrected me "...has all of her things in this bag, and she's getting really attached to her blanket so if you all leave make sure you take it with you."

"Lolly needs her blankie... and everything else is in the bag...noted, now go before I decide I want my own romantic weekend with my mate."

My sister hugged me as a form of thanks before she waved at Malory and finally took off.

I played with my niece for a while before Ivy joined us shortly after, she made us an amazing dinner and she sat back and watched as I fed Malory that evening. It was easier for me to help out with her now that she's off her bottles and teeters around on her own.

"Hey, what's with the wide grin?" I asked as I made my way to the sofa to join Ivy.

She smiled at me and I kissed her.

"I love watching you with Lolly...you're like the best uncle in the world."

"Like?" I feigned hurt. "Bright eyes...I AM the best uncle in the world."

She smiled and shook her head, "You are...and I love seeing the two of you interacting, you're so caring and considerate of her...it just gets me and my wolf excited to see your paternal side."

"Hey that feeling is mutual...don't think I haven't imagine what I'd be like to have you holding and cuddling our own baby instead of our niece."

"You've thought about us having kids?" She asked surprised now.

I looked over at Malory to make sure she was still alright with her toys but nodded my head and gave my wife my full attention once more.

"Of course I have...on a few occasions, haven't you?"

"Well yeah...but we've honestly never really talked about kids."

I shrugged, "to be honest kids were the furthest thing on my mind before I met you...now, I want it all...the whole family setup if it's something you'd want of course...if not I'm good with being fun uncle Frankie."

She smiled a sweet smile now and took my hands into her own. "I do want kids of our own, and I'm so glad to hear you want us to have babies."

"You've already given me so much the day you found me wandering the streets for a decent wine," I chuckled and then kissed her, "now I'm ready for whatever else our life decides to take on, so long as you're by my side bright eyes."

"One thing I'll always be sure is that I'll never leave your side Hot Shot."

I sat back with my wife in my arms as we watched our niece happily playing on the floor...I sat in amazement at how far my life had come from the lonely nights to a life now fulfilled and I wouldn't trade any of it for anything else...my life was perfect, and thankfully it was always my fate.