Ch. 10

-Frank's Fate-
Ch. 10: Mates (part one)

I heard the slight animalistic growl in her words as she called me her mate.

But it wasn't the wolf part, or the growl in her words...but rather her passion behind them mixed with all of the information I'd learned earlier.

'Mates are a Weres other half, for lack of a better term just look at us a soulmates'

Ivy and I are soulmates.

My soulmate is a werewolf.

I didn't know which one freaked me out more...

But if I was being honest with myself... I knew I was freaking out more about the soulmate part.

It was so permanent sounding and the life I've lived..the things I've done...permanent isn't something I'm use to.

I watched as she got up, a deep sadness filled her eyes now as she looked on the verge of tears...she was making her way away from me too.

She spoke but I didn't hear it.

All I knew was that it looked like she was leaving.

"Wait...don't go." I managed to get out.

She looked hesitant.

"Come back." I said as I motioned to the chair. "This is all new to me and I need answers."

She took the seat again and nodded. "alright then...Can you please tell me everything they told you earlier...it's important you know every part of this." Ivy said, "And if you have any questions please feel free to ask anything and I will answer everything for you."

I nodded before I went ahead and filled her in on everything they had told me earlier from Werewolves, dormant genes, mates, and extreme circumstances, and my possibly shifting one day.

"So you're a Were too?" She asked with extreme curiosity now.

I shrugged, "I mean right now I'm not...they said mine and my sister's Wolves are asleep, but they're expecting Mariah to shift when she has the baby due to the extreme stress her body will be put under so suddenly."

She nodded, "Makes sense."

"I wanted to be pissed at Mariah...her allowing herself to even get mixed up in all of this, putting her life in danger, putting the baby's life in danger... but as Harper pointed out...this is a part of us too apparently so it was bound to take place regardless of if Patrick had come into the picture or not." I finally admitted out loud as I shook my head. "I'm her older brother and I just feel like I've let her down somehow."

"You didn't." Ivy tried to assure me. "As Braxton's fiancèe pointed out, this was already a part of the both of you...and I know you want to focus on your sister right now but I'm more concerned about you right now."

I looked at her (as I had lowered my head in cowardice from confessing my feelings over Mariah's and the babies safety) and I saw the genuine concern in her lovely green eyes.

"I'm fine." I lied.

She shook her head, "No you're not...this is a big shock to the system...hell I am a Were, and have known about Weres my entire life and yet you telling me this has me worried, and scared, and I honestly don't know what comes next."

"Comes next?"

Something in her posture changed to that of a slight shyness now. She tucked a lock of stray hair behind her ear and looked at me with uncertainty, her words now more cautious than before. "...I only meant, next in the sense of you and your wolf...not anything between..well, not anything between us."