Ch. 5

Yvonne's Story
Blood Bound
Chapter Five: Truth be Told

{ Yvonne }

I've always wondered what I'd do if I got to see Maddox one more time.

How I'd act, What I'd say, What he'd look like now...I just knew I'd see him and things would be fine.

Yes we'd ended on less than ideal terms, but we're adults now...matured. Surely the past would be in the past, and like all things in life, those feelings we had as teenagers would fade away with time.

We were after all, just lovestruck kids.

But seeing him here and now.

Those feelings were stronger than ever...and no... time had in fact NOT made the heartache from long ago dissolve.

I took one look at him and halted...he'd always been gorgeous to me, (even in his walking greenbean stage) but now...he cut a tall imposing figure in his suit that did little to hide how much he'd filled out with muscles and a very defined form...He was now utterly devistating. And since this is the first time I'm seeing him after my shift, his scent attacked me head on, and what did I do?

I ran.

"I wasn't ready for this, for him." I said once I reached the confines of my bedroom.

'When did we become so cowardly?'

"Not now." I pleaded.

'Yes now!' She growled. 'We go back out there and show him what he left behind all those years...show him that you're still that thorny rose...just all grown up.'

I took a deep breath and nodded, my wolf was right. I had no reason to run away and hide like I'd done something wrong.

This is my family's pack.

He's the one who ran away when shit got tough.

"He did look good didn't he." I smiled as I looked into the mirror on my vanity.

'So do we.'

I looked myself over, noting the curvy silhouette that drew in looks from both males and females and smirked. "This dress is pretty damn tempting."

I said of the deep sapphire dress, one of my favorite colors...the same color as HIS eyes.

Now feeling more confident I finally re-exited my bedroom.

I took every step more carefully, I knew I was being watched now...and my wolf loved every minute of it, knowing we had his main focus.

"You alright Vonnie?" Trace asked, Val right by his side watching me with worry.

I smiled easily, "Never better, just had to make sure my straightener was unplugged." I lied as I tossed my long hair over my shoulder.

Trace bought it, or at least he was big enough to know not to dig deeper right now.

I scoped out the room, if Maddox is here, no doubt his mate would be here as well. And like it or not, I needed to steel myself to meet her. I saw Trace and Valerie, Maddox...Ryder and Zoe were nowhere to be seen.

'Where is she?' I wondered.

I was a couple steps away from reaching the landing when a small boy came into view.

"Daddy look, dinosaurs." The little boy said excitedly as he held up a bright green toy.

It drew everyone's attention, including my own, so much so that I stepped on my dress and tumbled forward.