Ch. 11

-Frank's Fate-
Ch. 11: Mates (part two)
{ Ivy }

"I know this is a lot Frank...but there's one more really important thing." I said, and this was the one thing I was dreading.

You see I meant what I said, He had a right to know all of this, and part of that is the one thing that could destroy me. But I would never lie to him and I needed him to know the truth.

"I know you're feeling like this is a lot and you don't exactly have a say in the matter...but the truth is you do have a choice in at least one thing."

"I do?" He asked.

I nodded and tried to hide my sadness now, "While you can't control if you ever shift or not...you do have a choice in having a mate...you could reject me...but please, please understand that just like the mark...one you've rejected your mate you can never undo it, but once done, you'd no longer feel tied to me, you wouldn't feel my touch as nothing more than an ordinary touch and the urge to be with me will lessen and continue to do so, so long as you stay away from me...I would be just another girl you met in another town on your way to the next one." I said trying to come off as easy going...deep down the words hurt.

I didn't want that at all.

"What would that do to you?" He asked with genuine concern in his handsome brown eyes.

I smiled but couldn't hide my fear, "Oh...that's not important right now."

He shook his head with determination, seeing past my attempt to not address what would happen to a Were once they're rejected. "You said if I had any questions you'd answer them...this is my question and I really want the truth Ivy, especially if it has something to do with you."

I looked at him "I'd slowly begin to go into a depression..." I admitted quietly...almost too afraid to say it out loud. "Weres with active wolves... our mates pull starts the minute we find our mates...so when we're rejected our wolves go into a downward spiral, we have no real purpose anymore...I've heard some turn suicidal, but as Weres we have the ability to heal ourselves so it's an endless cycle of failed attempts until our time is up here on earth."

He sat there and looked at me for what seemed like forever before he finally spoke.

"Well I don't really know how to feel or act upon all of this but I won't be doing anything rash so suddenly either."

I nodded my understanding.

"My sister and her friends think I should move here, on the off chance I shift."

Once more I nodded, "While I can understand their concern for not only your well being if you shift, but also the well being of those around you...I think it should still be your choice." I said honestly.

Of course I wanted to be selfish and have him here so I could get to know him better and let our mates pull begin to strengthen...but the truth is Frank is still his own man, a man with a dormant wolf who sill has full control of his life...and as selfish as I want to be, I would never try and force anything on him....even if that meant him being away from me, or not wanting me.

At the end of the day I want him to choose to have a life here because he wants to, not because he has to...and by extension...me.

"Look, I know you're probably wondering what I'm going to choose to do and right now I...I don't even know where to begin." He sighed. "Its just a lot."

"And you don't HAVE to choose right now Frank." I tried my best to assure him.

"Don't I?" He sounded a little upset.