Ch. 19

Frank's Fate
Ch 19: Home

As my time lingered here in town, I also found that it began to solidify more and more.

One night we had dinner with Mariah and Pat over at their place, and as the party drew nearer I could see my sister was anxious everything would go alright.

And I was also growing accustomed to seeing her friends around more frequently as well. And with that, Elise and her husband.

He was a good guy, he actually apologized to me for coming off so strong when he first met me...I felt like an asshole. I couldn't fault the guy because he did have ever reason to dislike me. So I told him he was right to be defensive for his wife, because as a man with his own mate I truly understood where he was coming from.

Again I still felt like an asshole though but knew for the food of Elise's relationship and my own we would both have to just move on from it.

And besides Ivy and I seeming to constantly be around my sisters friends (and Ivy's as it turns out, she's known Braxton since they were kids) we also went on a double date with Dan and his wife Nicole, to a coffee house that held a small open mic night.

To be honest it wasn't something I'd personally choose to do but I found out Ivy was into that sort of thing...and I was glad we went because the performers were actually pretty good and Ivy and Nicole really hit it off and became fast friends in there own respects.

But the most surprising thing was finding out Ivy's Dad knew my mom growing up.

He had told me all about their friendship and how she was a big part in his and his mates life. And as he told me about her in her youth and I told him about her as a mom it sort of made things more natural between us...like I didn't have to put on act to be a certain way to get him to like me.

He learned that she was (still) eccentric as a mother, she never found her mate and never married (it's why Ry and I have her last name) but she was happy.

He was heartbroken to hear of her passing and stated he'd of come to the funeral had he known...but as Mariah and I didn't want to make a spectacle of her funeral, we opted not to put her obituary in the paper.

But other than finding out he was good friends with my mom, I also found out Mr Boyd was really into Tennis, and when he found out that I played for my college team he immediately made it a point to invite me to the country club.

_____

"You look like you're going to the electric chair." Ivy smiled as she watched me pace the length of her bedroom.

"The electric chair actually sounds less intimidating." I smirked before I flopped back onto her bed and sighed, "I'm nervous."

"Why?"

"Why...uh, because he's your Dad." I filled her in as if it should be obvious.

Then she crawled back into bed and leaned her head down over me, I was anticipating a kiss and she didn't disappoint, "And you are my mate...who I adore, and respect, and you are smart and ambitious and hardworking and you haven't done anything wrong to me...and my dad likes you."

"He likes the fact that I'm my mothers son...if he just looks at me as his best friends son then yeah he likes me...but the minute he remembers oh shit this guy is with my baby, it's game over."

She giggled and it made me smirk.

"You're beyond ridiculous...you are a good man and my dad can see it...I mean, you've given up your whole life for me, who'd hate any man who does that?"