Leaving the Agency.

Warnings for violence and mentions of blood, gore
——————————————————

    Lifting the old mug to my lips, I took another sip of the bullshit the agency dared to call tea. I frowned. This was a disgrace to tea and tea lovers alike, but it wasn't like upper management had ever cared enough to do anything for us. The agency as a whole was as cruel and heartless as the next bozo in Nevada. Only difference was that the agency had more guns.
Looking out the window I let out a sigh, I had about another hour until I had to report for look out duty on the roof. Look out always sucked- not to mention it was arguably one of the most dangerous jobs the agency had to offer, especially with a mad man named Hank roaming around. But again no one really cared- to upper management and even most of the MAGs we were nothing but meaningless grunts to throw at the enemy.
I shook my head lightly in an attempt to clear my thoughts- my thoughts sucked ass.

———————————————————————
I checked back at the clock '1 pm' I thought to myself 'I better get up to my guard post fast if I don't want my ass beat'. I quickly started fastening my suit buttons as I jogged out of the rec room- shuddering as I remembered what happened to the last guy who was late.

    Running down the halls I spotted more agents who looked to be in my ranking. They were all  worriedly talking amongst themselves in hushed voices, and didn't even seem to notice when I walked up to them.

   "Hey what's going on here? Don't you all have places to be?" I asked, crossing my arms.

    "Haven't you heard?" One of the agents hissed. "One of the engineers spotted something on the roof. They're issuing a stage four emergency".

    I took a small step back and my hand immediately went for the holster I had in my belt. A Stage four emergency meant THEY were here.  "Shit. I'll try to go the security cams and see where they are" I said before gesturing to the two agents in front of me "you two go ask upper management where they want us, I'll try to find the MAGs-" 
I was cut off by a warm sensation on my face and a flash of red in front of me- followed by a loud ringing gunshot.

    The agent I had been talking to feel at my feet, and I ran my hand across my cheek. It was blood. I looked up just in time to catch a glimpse of red and black as Hank ran towards the other agent next to me- poor fool didn't even have time to respond.

'I'm not staying around to see how long it takes for him to snap my neck' I darted down the hall and back into the rec room. I slammed and locked the metal door behind me, knowing that it wasn't enough to keep me safe My eyes scanned the room for a way out and landed on a vent opening in the wall.
    Walking up to it, I took out my handgun to shoot off the weak screws holding the vent cover in place. I knelt down to start crawling through just as I heard banging at the door- rapid, almost inhuman banging as I heard yelling along with the metal door being slammed against its frame. Well that didn't sound too good.

Praying that he would get bored and find someone else to finish off, I crawled through the vents. It was just big enough for someone of my stature to crawl through. My goal was to make it to the main hub of the agency building and hopefully find some backup, or even better, one of the MAGs.

From my years of working at the agency and having to learn my way out of life threatening situations- I was vaguely familiar with the ventilation system that ran throughout the entire building. However While crawling through the vents, I was stopped by a set of voices I heard below me. I crawled on a little further only to find one of the vent shafts leading to the engineer offices, and through the shaft I was able to see part of the room.

In one corner of the office stood one of my own higher ups- who was honestly a total dick, and next to him were a few more engineers and even soldats- all talking amongst themselves.
An idea popped into my head. I had to let them know about Hanks whereabouts . Now.
I punched and banged on the shaft opening, and just as I got it to fall loose to the floor I heard the clicks of guns being readied.