A New Dissenter.

//Warnings for blood, violence, gore, possible project nexus 2 spoilers

Previously...

    "Ha! I Think thats the first time I've ever heard an agency dog swear! See I knew not all of you had a major stick up your ass" he led us through more tents and junk before stopping at what actually appeared to be a functional bar- not just some tent held up by metal rods. He winked at me through  the mask before pushing the old buildings door open for me, leaving me to question once again- what crazy situation I had gotten myself into.

———————————————————-
We continue...

    The bar Dimitri brought me to was surprisingly nice. It was warm inside, and was actually clean... definitely unlike the rest of this,well, dump. There was even a nice and decently organized shelf where they stored all the alcohol, quite a bit of alcohol too by the looks of it. In fact it was almost cozy, and reminded me of the rec room me and Chris had been in days before. It felt a lot longer than days. I already missed him and his annoying habit to follow me around. But I wouldn't be able to apologize to him for a long time,,, at least I hoped so.

"Nice, right?" Dimitri said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"I've seen worse"

They grabbed my arm as they led me to a small table in one of the dimly lit corners, more secluded from the rest of the other bandits in the bar. Dimitri took the chair opposite of me, and I was forced to realize just how strange and possibly dangerous my situation really was. Completely surrounded by the enemy... although I could say the same when I was back at the agency.

    "So, wanna drink?" Dimitri asked as they loosened the strap of their respirator, freeing their face and placing the mask down besides them.

    "Uh a water is fine I guess" I muttered out as Dimitri got out of his seat to the large shelf lined with glass bottles.

    Man I hated it here, I couldn't believe I was even stuck in a place like this in the first place! The more I thought about it the angrier I could feel myself get. I had to be careful with that, last time I lost my temper I shot four engineers and fucked up my whole life in the first place.

    Dimitri came back with a bottle of beer and— another bottle of beer. "Wheres my water?" I tapped my fingers against the table impatiently.

    "Didn't have any- they used the last of it for a bath,,, unless you wanna reuse that water" he said with a smile as it started drinking from their bottle.

    I almost gagged at his remark. All of these guys smelled- who knew the last time any of them used actual soap. "Well then how am I supposed to drink this if my hands are still tied" I raised an eyebrow, not having this bullshit today. I was already pissed off when I woke up this morning.

    "Oi I forgot bout that, here lemme fix that for ya" They came around the table to my side, bending down to start cutting away at the ropes that held me with a small Swiss knife.
    I started to think about how I was going to slam him over the table once my arms were free, when I felt Dimitri place his face next to mine, whispering into my ear "you try anything in here and these guys will rip you to shreds- literally. Been a while since they had real meat."

    One look around the room and I didn't doubt it. Looks like I would be delaying my escape once again- dealing with cannibals didn't sound too good at the moment.

Dimitri finished freeing my hands and took his seat, taking a swig from his beer. I followed suit only to spit it back up immediately "Ugh! What is that shit?!?" I wiped my mouth with my sleeve, it tasted like gasoline and rubbing alcohol.