The Healing Process

//Warning for blood, gore

Previously...

Something gave me the feeling that I would have to wait for my answers.
I would have to trust them.
With both my life and Dimitris.

I was in no way at ease when I finally succumbed to sleep, turning my back to some of the most dangerous men in Nevada.
Good lird.

—————————————————————-
We continue

    My eyes fluttered open, my heart pounded in my chest, and beads of sweat rolled down my face.

The fifth nightmare in a row. Were they ever going to stop?

The sound of my panicked breath was deafening compared to the still silence of the room.
I simply closed my eyes and tried to calm myself from my dream, of which I was already starting to forget the details.

Relaxing didn't help much either, as I itched to spring out of bed and find out what had happened

Even as I laid there my body still felt heavy- so Carefully I tried to move each of my toes, then my legs, my torso, my shoulders- just trying to get my body to wake up with me.
Then my hands- I forced my hand open and shut a few times, trying to shake off the numbness

    First the left hand. Then the right- ow!!

A sharp pain shot up my hand as it refused to close, and I weakly picked up my arm to see that most of my hand had been firmly wrapped in a sort of gauze. My pinky and ring finger especially. It hurt like hell- maybe it was broken?

    A sigh escaped my chapped lips. It was a good day to be ambidextrous.

As I laid there it became clear that wasn't my only problem, as I could feel something tight wrap around my chest and left arm, constricting like a snake.
Lightly I felt the rough outlines of bandages with my one good hand. Just what exactly happened to me?
Just the thought of it made my stomach drop.

    Not being able to wait a second longer for answers I forced myself to sit up from the bed, only then realizing that I was wearing nothing except for my boxers. Great, now I also had to worry about being almost naked.

    Slowly I surveyed my surroundings, It looked like I had been moved to a dialect of a bedroom with dressers made up of rotting wood and a wooden floor decorated with scraps and dried blood.

I tried to remember how I even GOT here, but I was only pulling blanks.
Hissing through my teeth I started to move myself slowly off the bed; Slowly because I could feel sharp pains all throughout my body, This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

Maybe if I was just careful enough-

Suddenly The old door to the room swung open as two large men stepped through, too busy with their own conversation to even notice I was awake.

    I froze dead in my tracks, like a grunt in the headlights, and they almost did too when they saw me.

    Sanford and Deimos.
The last time I'd seen either of them they were helping Hank escape from the sheriffs men, Leaving me behind.
    Part of me wondered why they hadn't killed us yet- when I noticed that Dimitri was gone.