A Tempting Offer

//warning for gore, violence, blood

Previously...

Caligula smiled as the moonlight hit him perfectly. His red lips matching his new gloves and boots. The wounds he suffered back at nexus city seemingly gone. Stunning, haunting.

"Miss me?"

————————————————————
We continue

    "What do you want from me?"
My hands curled to fist and he gracefully stalked around me, like a shark circling a school of fish.

"Like I said, I only want to talk. Won't you give me that?"

    "I don't have to give you shit. You've ruined everything for me" I was furious, angry he even tried to see me, but my damned hands wouldn't stop shaking.

He laughed and shook his head, not a single curl falling out of place "I didn't do that, you did"

    This bullshit again. "What are you even on about? Quit playing with me"

The Rhythmic clicking stopped "you know what. You keep blaming me for your... misfortunes. You're going to have to start taking accountability at some point you know"

    "What? You're wrong... I didn't-"

"Didn't what? Kill that agent back there? Kill your friend- ah what was it- Dimitri? How long are you going to keep lying to yourself. Cmon now, it's getting annoying"

    I unfastened his mask to hold onto "you killed him. I watched-"

"See! That's exactly it. You watched. Didn't even try to stop me- but instead watched. Sure maybe I was the gun that killed him- but who pulled the trigger?"

What he was saying echoed what had been plaguing my mind for days now. I knew that much, deep down. I knew it was my fault.

"I- I didn't know what to do then... I..."

"Is that so" I felt a hand gently place on the top of my head, ruffling my still damp hair. "It wasn't your first rodeo I'm sure, remember our dear friend Emmet"

I shuddered under his hand "what about him" the scene replayed in my head perfectly, Emmet cut in half, his innards at my feet. Something I saw everytime I closed my eyes.

"Well I'm just saying, you didn't seem to have any trouble using him as a meat shield. If he wasn't in the way of you right then, he might've made it. But then again, that's not the first time you've done that either, is it?"
He let go of my hair and slowly retreated back into the darkness, re-emerging with a black folder.

"What is that?"

It resembled the folder Edward had given me "nearly a month ago, you were caught on camera using fellow agent 401 G.4 as a shield against Hank. Poor bastard was so new he didn't even have a name yet. Or maybe you'd prefer Engineer Daniel and the three soldats he was with that day, of whom you also were seen killing before fleeing the scene" the folder snapped closed and made me jump.

How did he know this

    As my mind spun he went back to stalking around me. I was cornered, with no where to go and no one to turn to. "Still not seeing my point?" He asked, coy as he flipped through the folder again.