Classified: Incident Report 1-2

//Warning for descriptions of gore

Previously...

   I was going to kill him. If it was the last thing I did. I wasn't leaving this world without taking him with me.

    It was with that sentiment, and with puffy eyes, that I slowly drifted to sleep- when a horrifying thought came to mind.

    I was terribly lonesome, sure. But as long as Cal was out there, I'd never be truly alone.

————————————————————
We continue

Greeting me when I opened my eyes was an axe taking up the empty space beside me. Maybe it wasn't the brightest idea to sleep with a bladed weapon inches from your face, but it made me feel safer.
I felt drowsy and disoriented as I forced myself up and to the window. It was a bit darker out, but not quite night. I'd been sleeping a lot more lately. I guess it was just easier.

After splashing water on my face in a desperate attempt to wake up I opened my room door to another note on the ground. My throat tightened at the sight of it, but picking it up showed it just to be a letter from badger- hastily written on a dirty napkin. Gross.

It read to meet him at a bar downtown, and that he managed to find his agent friend. Good. I needed some good news after today, and the day hadn't even ended. After double checking I had all my belongings- and that all the entrances to my room were locked- I set off to find this bar.

I asked the motel clerk for direction as I left, and asked a few more random strangers on my way there. It was my first time out alone in a big city like this- I'd only ever seen the walls of whatever agency building I was staying in.
I'd seen a lot with Dimitri for sure, but that was essentially a ghost town. It was just the two of us.

Here though, anyone and everyone put me on edge. Every flash of blonde hair- or glance at a nexus uniform made me tense up as I prepared for an attack. One never came though, and I was able to make it to the bar in one piece.

It was strangely peaceful this side of town, hidden away from the busyness of the main roads. The bar I was looking for stood nestled between a few alleys and the faint hum of music seeped from inside. I felt like a complete outsider as I pushed open the glass doors and stepped in into a small, dark bar and dining area. The only light coming from a pizza furnace in the far corner.
    It seemed like a secret place, the kind of place only friends would know about. Everyone in the bar seemed to huddle together and talked with hushed voices under the music- only adding to the feeling that I was not welcome here.

    After a few awkward moments of standing there like I'd walked into the wrong class, I spotted Badgers puffy coat in a booth to my right, hidden behind a fake plant.

    "Hey! Glad you could make it Ethan" Badger smiled and patted the seat next to him. Across the booth was a particularly greasy looking man, hair pulled back in a pony tail and leather jacket showing signs of wear and tear.

    "You must be the crazy guy Badger told me about" the man smirked and held out his calloused hand for me to shake.

Crazy? "It's Ethan" I took his hand "and you are?"

    "Edward" he was... definitely charming. Maybe I had a type. "I'm an undercover agent for this city sector. Badger said you could use my help in finding someone"